Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Shooting Belt

Hooked

On 12/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, aandabooks said:

https://dominatedefense.com/

I went with the 1 3/4" wide inner.  Wherever he gets his velcro from is some of the best I have seen used on a belt.  Industrial grade and his belts have an inner plastic/kydex liner sewn into them for stiffness.  

Does this belt stay tight? It looks as if the buckle is sew on to a piece of elastic. How did you do the sizing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, Balakay said:

I bought one from RHT (the same as the Atlas belt).  I also made my own with a strap and buckle from M2 and  a CR Speed belt.  I found a  trick  to prevent bunching up of the belt.  I bought some 1.5" wide velcro on Amazon. It is single sided (sort of like a DAA inner belt). I cut a length of both the hook and fuzzy side of the velcro and put it on the outer belt velcro in the section where the 2 ends of the outer belt overlap each other. When I tighten the ratchet, the overlap-section can slide past each other and not bind. It has worked very well.

That is genius that is the one issue I have been having with this belt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Nevadazielmeister said:

Okay, so how is the update coming? How did the Atlas or RHT belt work out? Also, which inner belt did you use?

I got the belt and ordered the correct size according to the sizing specs and chart but it was too big and I couldn't tighten it down without running out of clicks and it was still too lose. RHT would not take back without restocking fee so I said forget them and modded it myself. The actual belt was pretty close to the right size but the ratchet placement was off. I am in between a Medium and Large and kept the Medium. I drilled a new hole and moved ratchet and now it's good. Yesterday I finally got the new rig set up and had to cut the plastic ratchet strap a bit to shorten up the excess that was sticking out. The belt is solid! Much more of a firm and secure feel over the DAA with next to no sag. I took my DAA inner belt and am using that for now. Dry fire showed lots of potential and it stayed tight with a full rig. To me I think its worth the money but if I was to do it again I would buy the ratchet mod kit and do my existing DAA belt. Time is at a premium between work and another round of hospitalization with my 12 year old daughter so I am glad it was pretty easy to set up. Hope this helps!

13 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I got the belt and ordered the correct size according to the sizing specs and chart but it was too big and I couldn't tighten it down without running out of clicks and it was still too lose. RHT would not take back without restocking fee so I said forget them and modded it myself. The actual belt was pretty close to the right size but the ratchet placement was off. I am in between a Medium and Large and kept the Medium. I drilled a new hole and moved ratchet and now it's good. Yesterday I finally got the new rig set up and had to cut the plastic ratchet strap a bit to shorten up the excess that was sticking out. The belt is solid! Much more of a firm and secure feel over the DAA with next to no sag. I took my DAA inner belt and am using that for now. Dry fire showed lots of potential and it stayed tight with a full rig. To me I think its worth the money but if I was to do it again I would buy the ratchet mod kit and do my existing DAA belt. Time is at a premium between work and another round of hospitalization with my 12 year old daughter so I am glad it was pretty easy to set up. Hope this helps!

This is a lot of great feedback. Thank you. Do you have a link for the ratchet mod kit? Also, what is your clothing waist size?

But more importantly, I have a 7 year old daughter and can imagine how hard it is to have your daughter in the hospital. I am so so sorry. Hang in there and maybe PM me with an update on her, that would be nice. 

14 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

This is a lot of great feedback. Thank you. Do you have a link for the ratchet mod kit? Also, what is your clothing waist size?

But more importantly, I have a 7 year old daughter and can imagine how hard it is to have your daughter in the hospital. I am so so sorry. Hang in there and maybe PM me with an update on her, that would be nice. 

I wear a size 36". Here is a link to the DIY options... https://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/

If you get one or make one you will need a little Velcro for a mod that a buddy told me about. It will keep the belt from bunching up at the ratchet point. It was like $11 on Amazon for a huge roll. 

I really appreciate the kind words. We just want her to be better. In the meantime we have a high deductible which forces me to have to sell off a bunch of stuff soon. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, NoSteel said:

I purchased an all in one kit for around $20 & stuck it on my Double A..  .  I like it but you are getting a really nice set up for that $100.00 from Atlas...

IMG_0109.JPG

Where did you get that $20 kit ? 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with the RHT belt, the way the ratchet is spaced off the end of the belt stops it from ratcheting. It looks the same as the Atlas and DBgear ones. I just took mine into a local shoe/leather repair shop and had the belt shortened between the ratchet and the end of the belt. Cost about $15. It would be nice if this was better designed from the start but otherwise I like it. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mban2 said:

Do ratchets really help that much over the standard Velcro?  

Yes, IMO

5 hours ago, Mban2 said:

Is it mostly for after the Velcro wears out and you still want it to stay tight?

No. It is better from day 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is it necessary to overlap the outer belt?  I made my own with the M2 parts and set it up with the buckle in the front and a small gap between the two ends.  It's comfortable and secure when on, and nothing bunches up.   

IMG_0879.jpg