Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Shooting Belt

• 2 weeks later...

For $100+ I’ll pass. I think the ratcheting Weber tactical for $60 will do just fine. It appears they came out with a new belt too but only one photo so far. 

I may try the $15 mod and buy a ratcheting strap and mod the outside of my cr speed. 

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, falconpilot said:

When you ratchet the belt tight, how do you keep the inner belt from bunch up?

I put one on my ELS belt, and it's really only good to tighten up the last inch or so. You still have to be fairly careful about how you set it up on the inner belt. It ends up being a big improvement, though. That extra click or two of tightness makes it feel much more stable and takes away the worry of having your whole rig peel off.

4 minutes ago, falconpilot said:

I put the M2 kit on my belt a couple of years ago, and it bunches up pretty bad if you ratchet on it very much...just wondering if one had come up with an ideal or way to stop that other than not using a inner..

nerd noose inner belt is stiff enough, it doesn’t bunch up when ratcheted tight. 

If the inner belt is going to bunch up then it will be a problem and just using a standard inner belt will cause bunching.  I went with a Dominate Defense rig and it is awesome.  I'll be ordering more outer belts as needed to go along with the inner belt.  

28 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

If the inner belt is going to bunch up then it will be a problem and just using a standard inner belt will cause bunching.  I went with a Dominate Defense rig and it is awesome.  I'll be ordering more outer belts as needed to go along with the inner belt.  

Got a link? Did a google search for Dominate Defense and can't find anything..

2 hours ago, falconpilot said:

When you ratchet the belt tight, how do you keep the inner belt from bunch up?

That's the question that I've had too. 

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

nerd noose inner belt is stiff enough, it doesn’t bunch up when ratcheted tight. 

I have a couple of Nerd inner belts and I like them. I just have hard time figuring out how a ratcheting belt would work if it is firmly attached to a stiff inner belt like Nerd. Wouldn't the inner belt prevent further tightening?

I've been looking at the Atlas belt for some time, and I can't understand how it would work without bunching up a softer inner belt or fighting against a stiffer one. 

1 hour ago, YVK said:

That's the question that I've had too. 

I have a couple of Nerd inner belts and I like them. I just have hard time figuring out how a ratcheting belt would work if it is firmly attached to a stiff inner belt like Nerd. Wouldn't the inner belt prevent further tightening?

I've been looking at the Atlas belt for some time, and I can't understand how it would work without bunching up a softer inner belt or fighting against a stiffer one. 

The m2 ratchet will tighten the noose more than I can get hand tight. However you are correct the noose belt will cause the ratchet to slip a notch if it is over tightened. Ive used either a carbon arms or Weber belt with the noose combo for almost a year with open rig on one and pcc mags on the other without issues. 

I bought one from RHT (the same as the Atlas belt).  I also made my own with a strap and buckle from M2 and  a CR Speed belt.  I found a  trick  to prevent bunching up of the belt.  I bought some 1.5" wide velcro on Amazon. It is single sided (sort of like a DAA inner belt). I cut a length of both the hook and fuzzy side of the velcro and put it on the outer belt velcro in the section where the 2 ends of the outer belt overlap each other. When I tighten the ratchet, the overlap-section can slide past each other and not bind. It has worked very well.

1 hour ago, Balakay said:

I bought one from RHT (the same as the Atlas belt).  I also made my own with a strap and buckle from M2 and  a CR Speed belt.  I found a  trick  to prevent bunching up of the belt.  I bought some 1.5" wide velcro on Amazon. It is single sided (sort of like a DAA inner belt). I cut a length of both the hook and fuzzy side of the velcro and put it on the outer belt velcro in the section where the 2 ends of the outer belt overlap each other. When I tighten the ratchet, the overlap-section can slide past each other and not bind. It has worked very well.

Damn..why haven’t I thought of that! Thanks for the tip!