Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else notice that Cabelas . . .

Whoops!

On 10/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, nikdanja said:

What kind of gun was it? 

i have noticed that cabelas prices has gone up. Primers are $7-$8 bucks higher. Boo

Bersa Thunder 9 Pro Xt.  

Cabela’s wholesale was about $510 to $570.  

In the past, they’ve offered me 70% of what they would resell the gun for (this is the max the employees are allowed to go to without manager override).  In this case, that would have equated to about $420.

Those were reasonable deals for everyone.

But $150?  They can go jump off a high bridge.

Edited by Whoops!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Since being acquired by BPS...pricing is up, employee count and level of customer care is down and walmart type junk has replaced the more unique items.   

Edited by Seery
fat fingered

55 minutes ago, Seery said:

Since being acquired by BPS...pricing is up, employee count and level of customer care is down and walmart type junk has replaced the more unique items.   

This.  Cabela's used to be the go-to place when I wanted to get some quality outdoor gear.  They used to sell some of the best stuff there.  Now it's all the Bass Pro store brand crap.  They have went the same way as Cycle Gear bringing in cheaply made gear and apparel.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:48 AM, revoman said:

Nobody twists your arms or makes you purchase anything from them. So why do you go there? Simple question. 

Exactly.  Around here (Dayton-Cincinnati metro) there are at least two Cabelas, two or three Bass Pros, and at least one Gander.  I can't remember the last time I set foot in any of them.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I work for a Cabelas in VA, owned by bass pro. 

I can in fact attest, this company is absolutely f*#ked after bass pro bought them. The gun in the firearms counter and gun library? They ALL go in these green steel carts every single night and come off every morning. 

my store is lucky and that were rather small compared to others. Only about 300 guns or so in total have to be taken down every night. It sucks and it’s s#!tty to do, as I work behind said gun counter, I know how f*#king  stupid It is and how banged up every gun gets. 

prices are crazy, and don’t get me started on that Cabelas club master card bulls#!t, ITS A CREDIT CARD, and it sucks! Don’t get it. If y’all knew how much of an ass that company is to its employees and customers, we would have protestors lol. 

any way, we actually do know when we get freight shipments in, and there is almost always ammo on them, they normally come on mondays and thursdays. They just tell us to tell them we don’t know.