Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Open/9 minor

RAINY0DAYS

Alright guys, what's your favorite option for open in 3-gun? I'm currently between the Atlas Erebus and the Honcho, but hesitant because I can't find any feedback from anyone who isn't affiliated with the companies in some way or another.

Retention and ability to remove my holster from my belt is a must, so looking more into slide ride options over frame mounts. Shooting 9 minor so honestly not sure how big of a deal a comp will be.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Why OPEN ?

Why not CO ?

If you're shooting 9mm Minor, and the comp won't be too effective,
all you have left is the optical sight - cheaper to shoot CO ???
2011s aren't CO legal, there's no CO in 3-gun, and I don't have much interest in shooting CO in USPSA. And if I'm allowed to have a comp, I might as well.

I don’t care what ppl say about Comps not being effective at minor. I know for me, shooting falling steel with an open 2011 is night and day different than a non comped gun even shooting sub minor. It’s just easier with any form of comp

18 hours ago, Shmella said:

I don’t care what ppl say about Comps not being effective at minor. I know for me, shooting falling steel with an open 2011 is night and day different than a non comped gun even shooting sub minor. It’s just easier with any form of comp

+1

If comps didn't at least have some tangible effect on recoil mitigation, Steel Challenge rimfire shooters probably wouldn't use them (other than to increase sound to register shots as well).  So it may not have as great an effect on recoil reduction as a tuned USPSA Open gun but it is still "flatter" than a non-comped gun.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, RAINY0DAYS said:

Alright guys, what's your favorite option for open in 3-gun? I'm currently between the Atlas Erebus and the Honcho, but hesitant because I can't find any feedback from anyone who isn't affiliated with the companies in some way or another.

Retention and ability to remove my holster from my belt is a must, so looking more into slide ride options over frame mounts. Shooting 9 minor so honestly not sure how big of a deal a comp will be.

I am a privateer honcho owner and have some limited input on this. I have a 3gun model honcho.

I have shot in each configuration except for open...yet. I have not had time to load open specific ammo but will be soon.

The limited setup for 9mm and 40 is great. Extremely smooth cycling and super flat minor and major PF and it is by far more superior shooter than I am.

As far as holsters go I run the weber tactical setup and am happy with it.

Just a quick input during lunch but I am going to buy a second honcho if I hit my personal goals for my side business this year because whats better than one Honcho....TWINS