Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ELS vs DAA

o27

About to order my first rig. I’m being recommended both ELS and DAA but can’t seem to make up my mind, so pros and cons would be appreciated.

I want a Kydex style holster, and use it for IPSC Standard

I have both rigs.  I like the ELS but I haven't found a way to adapt my DAA mag pouches to fit on the ELS belt. I like a specific angle on my mag pouches for PCC that I can't achieve with the ELS.  So I use my DAA for PCC.  

I would also suggest you look into the ratchet system.  I converted both of my rigs and I like it better than the velcro strap. 

*edit  DAA makes the ELS Adaptor plate for the ELS pouches.  I just ordered them from Shooters connection.

Edited by stick

5 hours ago, stick said:

I have both rigs.  I like the ELS but I haven't found a way to adapt my DAA mag pouches to fit on the ELS belt. I like a specific angle on my mag pouches for PCC that I can't achieve with the ELS.  So I use my DAA for PCC.  

I would also suggest you look into the ratchet system.  I converted both of my rigs and I like it better than the velcro strap. 

*edit  DAA makes the ELS Adaptor plate for the ELS pouches.  I just ordered them from Shooters connection.

DAA has a adapter plate for their  mag pouches that allows them to be mounted to els. 

It seems like ELS is King if you soot 3 gun or the like with the need for frequent changes of your gear, but I’ll be in Limited so leaning towards DAA, Gaga belt, custom holster from DKYD (local) wit DAA hanger and sickinger IPSC box or DAA racers

I'm running a hybrid system. I havea DAA belt and made an adapter to use the els brackets on the belt for 3 gun. So far it's worked great and doesn't have any movement.

So far I think it's the best of both worlds.

Thanks. I´ll probably also opt for some kind of hybrid with the belt, a custom Kydex from a local veteran start-up (feel strongly about supporting such an initiative) and a third for mag pouches.