Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EMP and P30SK Both in CCP?

RickT

I shot IDPA a few times before my wife and I started to shoot Steel Challenge 4 years ago.  I'm going to start shooting a monthly IDPA match for a change of pace and my choices are EMP, P30SK and P2000.  Looking at the division rules it appears all three would be in CCP.  The EMP is small enough, but I'm sure it's almost certainly too heavy;  of course the capacity would be disadvantageous.  Am I reading the rules correctly?

Here are the specs for CCP.   The EMP weighs 27- 30 oz and a 9 round magazine is just right for an 8+1 Division.

8.2.4 Compact Carry Pistol Division (CCP)

Handguns permitted for use in CCP must:

A. Be semi-automatic.

B. Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.

C. Barrel length 4 3/8" or less.

D. The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less.

E. The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1

3/8”.

40 minutes ago, fishhunter3 said:

my EMP with an empty mag is only 27.15oz, so plenty of room to spare

My bad.  I neglected to add a question regarding the Bug division.  Unfortunately, the EMP is too heavy for that division since it's otherwise a perfect size and mag capacity.  I think I'll just stick with either my P2000 IWB or my P30SK OWB in CCP.  I only wish Stealth Gear made a Ventcore OWB holster for the P2000.

• 2 months later...