Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
rovpilot337

Gen 5 Glock 17 spring setup

I currently shoot limited major but I am thinking about dabbling in production for a little while to see how I like it. I have a Gen 5 Glock 17 and I do not reload... I work overseas offshore so my time home is limited. I will most likely use Federal Syntech 150's. What would be a good recoil spring weight to start with and also what striker spring would I need to go with it? I am familiar with how striker fired pistols work but I am not sure how low of a recoil spring I could go with before I would have to change the striker spring. Thanks.

I run a 13# recoil spring and a 4.5# striker spring in my gen 5 17's.  Gen 5's are bullet profile picky, so I wouldn't load the boat on those syntechs without shooting some through your gun first.

2 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I run a 13# recoil spring and a 4.5# striker spring in my gen 5 17's.  Gen 5's are bullet profile picky, so I wouldn't load the boat on those syntechs without shooting some through your gun first.

I run the same springs in my G17.5 Carry Optics gun. Also use a Lone Wolf connector and have had a reliable 3# trigger with Federal and Winchester primers. 

14 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Roger that. Good to know.