Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Geissele trigger for the Sig MPX

Yeah, I don’t know if I buy the whole “tune your recoil springs to the trigger thing”... sounds to me like they couldn’t crack the code on making their design really work right, and then there’s the price 🙄 nearly $150 more than a top-tier Hiperfire that may or may not die one day, but is supported/warrantied...

I guess if you’ve just gotta have a 2-stage in an MPX, at least there’s one to try...

4 hours ago, ck1 said:

Yeah, I don’t know if I buy the whole “tune your recoil springs to the trigger thing”... sounds to me like they couldn’t crack the code on making their design really work right, and then there’s the price 🙄 nearly $150 more than a top-tier Hiperfire that may or may not die one day, but is supported/warrantied...

I guess if you’ve just gotta have a 2-stage in an MPX, at least there’s one to try...

For a 2 stage trigger I believe Timney makes a unit for the MPX/PCC . 2lb first stage,2lb second stage. It is considerably less $ also.

17 hours ago, Gregg K said:

I have been hoping for a SD3G that worked in the MPX and they offer me a 2 stage trigger with a price gouge to boot. I'll pass.

Never had a bit of issue with my Eclipse so I'm sticking where I'm at.

Been running SD3G's in all 3 of my MPX's since 2017.....

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, 2011BLDR said:

Been running SD3G's in all 3 of my MPX's since 2017.....

After my S3G would not reset in my AR-9 and I resolved that with a Hiperfire so when I got my MPX I went directly to the Eclipse and haven't looked back. I didn't even attempt the S3G in the MPX since Geissele warned against it.

I’m not seeing much of a gouge considering the r&d required to design this plus the limited market, the Tavor trigger (kit) is 350 the MCX is 325 and the scar trigger is 325 this seems right in line with other specialty triggers for smaller production guns. Not thrilled about the pull weight especially with being able to get a 3-3.5lb trigger with the hiperfire. With how much I like their triggers in my ar’s, SD-E in 2 and SSA-E in one, I’d think hard about picking one of these up at some point, hopefully when they bring the price down a bit. 

Edited by Akkid17