Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

used Nooks for years, worked OK but slow and had problems with dust and rain was a disaster, changed to 8" samsung tablets they work great and are easily readable in the sun. have also used 8" Kindle fire HD and 7" samsungs with great success also. it seems the newer tablets are pretty darn good for battery and brightness, just dont cheep out and get the 7" fires that go on sale for $50 they are dim and the batteries don't last.

My two main clubs are on the 7" Kindle Fires.  We bought them several years ago and they have been chugging along.  Not the brightest and the batteries are good for about 4 hours.  The last Prime days had them for $29 which is pretty cheap.  The next upgrade will likely be to the Kindle Fire 8". 

If your club has the money go straight to the Ipad.  Those are awesome in the sunlight and the battery life is great.  Our club can't afford it as we would need at least 6. 

Kindles at my club but from use Ipad minis seem to be the best, then again I can get a lot of Kandel's for 1 mini.

We use iPad mini's with otterbox cases. They seem to do alright as long as you protect them from the sun. We have some sunshades that are branded with practiscore that are great for that.

The live stats shows about 10k active Android devices (about 40% Amazon and 40% Samsung devices) and 5.8k iOS devices.

That include PractiScore on scoring devices, as well as installed on user's phones. For iOS about 50% are iPhones, so I suspect most of those aren't used to enter match scores.

I don't see Nook devices anymore in the last few months, they may not be connected to internet, so we don't have them in the stats.