Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Replacement for 9mm Trojan

Aggieddad02

I recently picked up a new 9mm CRP Trojan from Dawson that they had hard chromed and did a Dawson tuning job on.  Now it needs some slim grips that will accent the pistol, and make weight foe SS any suggestions?  And yes I have done a forum search and a Google search to no avail .  Appreciate the help

Walter

Plastic and wood are the lightest. Magpul makes some plastic grips, and some people trying to make weight will get smooth wood grips that are cheap and cover them with grip tape. G10 and metal (even aluminum) and even carbon fiber of any thickness tend to be heavier. None of these solutions look good. I’ve got a lot of single stack grips in my basement that are all no good for one reason or another. Best to try not to make that mistake, it gets costly. Hope that is helpful.

VZ grips https://vzgrips.com , I have the Operators II on my Trojan. They do sell slim style grips, but I find that they leave a gap between my hand and the gun. I have a small hand, so a normal grip feels better.

Though it does just make weight, I used an aluminum guide rod for matches. Also, does it have a steel, or aluminum mainspring housing?  If steel, you can shave weight using the aluminum.

Try Brownells.  They show the thickness and weight--or they did.  

I have a tungsten guide rod and Hogue palm swell grips and make weight on my SV but I run an aluminum mag well.  Also I purchased a slim set, ground off the checkering, and use skate tap after I channelled the left grip.