Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore help for Steel Challenge

Gregg K

I'm switching to tablets this weekend to regain some of the life I have been loosing entering match scores for our monthly match. Everything looks good and I have done a few practice matches on the tablets to test everything out. I have one small glitch that might be unique to Steel Challenge. For the match type I'm using the default Steel Challenge which automatically gives me the standard 8 stages, that is perfect. I downloaded the match from Practiscore to my master tablet using the match PIN and all is great until I want to update the master tablet with some new registrations as people signup. I pull the match down again from Practiscore with the PIN and the result is x number of new shooters and 8 new stages. The only choice I have is to apply changes which gives me the new shooters as expected but repeats the 8 stages so now I have 16 stages. I can fix by deleting the match from the master and pulling it down again but I know there is a better way of updating the tablet.  Being completely new to the tablets I'm sure it has to be user error because I know Practiscore is better than that. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Zack. Eugene is looking into it now. I just didn't think I was the only guy using the default 8 stages on a Fire 8 tablet. I got curious and tried it out on my iPad and it does the same thing with iOS so it may be something with just my match, we'll see.

Chuck
Thank you! I knew it had to be user error, that's what I was missing. Now I have to go apologize to Eugene for wasting his time. [emoji854]
Not at all. The current match check intended for a different purpose and it shouldn't add stages without it.

11 minutes ago, euxx said:
1 hour ago, Gregg K said:
Chuck
Thank you! I knew it had to be user error, that's what I was missing. Now I have to go apologize to Eugene for wasting his time. emoji854.png

Not at all. The current match check intended for a different purpose and it shouldn't add stages without it.

What is that check box's intended function?

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

What is that check box's intended function?

Normally when you don't have standard match template on the web site, but can create or clone match from a local on-device template, so you get right setup for penalties/bonuses or even stages.

30 minutes ago, euxx said:

Normally when you don't have standard match template on the web site, but can create or clone match from a local on-device template, so you get right setup for penalties/bonuses or even stages.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Thanks!

Forgot to mention, that when you import registration into a current match it will break link between registration/club on PractiScore site and match results (and you may have to claim club results to get match results on the club dashboard) and also unlink results from the match info in Matchbook app. Though when you doing your workaround for subsequent pin# imports that link should be fine.