Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO/X-Five

rocket99

7 minutes ago, rocket99 said:

Has anyone milled an X5 slide to accept an SRO without an adapter plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘I’ve looked into it with l&m precision. He said he could do it and move the optic cut back if I wanted. I’ve decided to hold off until I see the r3 max.

I have had my X-carry milled for RMR, and my Legion is currently in line to be milled for the SRO. I have chosen to get the slide milled because the plate site the optic higher then I like, im hoping to have it back in 2 weeks.

IMG_1514.jpg

Edited by PewPewJohnson87

I have had my X-carry milled for RMR, and my Legion is currently in line to be milled for the SRO. I have chosen to get the slide milled because the plate site the optic higher then I like, im hoping to have it back in 2 weeks.
IMG_1514.jpg.9d601a8a004c071827113a7ce27ede4a.jpg

I can’t wait to see pics of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at doing this.  L&M Precision Gun works can convert the standard X5 Romeo 1 cut to accept the RMR/SRO while still maintaining the ability to still use a Romeo 1. I guess the RMR footprint is ever so slightly longer than the Romeo1 which allows the front and back of the cut to act as recoil "lugs".

I ask him about the Sig slides that were already cut for the Romeo 1 pro / Deltapoint.  He said he could still convert them, however the RMR/SRO would have to sit at the very front of the current slide cut and there would be a small gap in the back.  In this configuration, I think the front of the SRO would overhang the ejection port too much.

My main concern when converting a Sig slide with the deltapoint cut would be the ability to cut in recoil bosses that mount up to the RMR/SRO.  If this isn't done, I would think all of the forces would get applied to the screws holding the optic on which could in turn cause issues such as zero shift and the screws coming loose or even breaking.

13 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

I was looking at doing this.  L&M Precision Gun works can convert the standard X5 Romeo 1 cut to accept the RMR/SRO while still maintaining the ability to still use a Romeo 1. I guess the RMR footprint is ever so slightly longer than the Romeo1 which allows the front and back of the cut to act as recoil "lugs".

I ask him about the Sig slides that were already cut for the Romeo 1 pro / Deltapoint.  He said he could still convert them, however the RMR/SRO would have to sit at the very front of the current slide cut and there would be a small gap in the back.  In this configuration, I think the front of the SRO would overhang the ejection port too much.

My main concern when converting a Sig slide with the deltapoint cut would be the ability to cut in recoil bosses that mount up to the RMR/SRO.  If this isn't done, I would think all of the forces would get applied to the screws holding the optic on which could in turn cause issues such as zero shift and the screws coming loose or even breaking.

For those of us running other optics other than the Romeo 1 such as myself, a Vortex Razor on a Springer plate it has not been a problem. While the plate sits in the cut area of the slide, the optic sits above the grove and is only held by the screws. To this point I have had no issues with the Razor moving or loosing its zero and I've been shooting 115 grains for about 1200 rounds to get it broken in.

• 11 months later...
IMG_1514.jpg.9d601a8a004c071827113a7ce27ede4a.jpg

Do you have any pics of the Legion/SRO combo?

2 hours ago, jlo86cj said:

Do you have any pics of the Legion/SRO combo?

Unfortunately the project was aborted, due to Sig removing so much material out of the slide there wouldn’t have been enough material to have more then 2 threads holding the optic on. I ended up getting a custom plate made out of aluminum that was about 1/2 the thickness of the springer.