Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
DagoRed

Dawson pads with Ed brown mags?

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program. I’m wondering if my Dawson pads will work with Ed brown mags. Anyone know?

Red

1 hour ago, DagoRed said:

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program. I’m wondering if my Dawson pads will work with Ed brown mags. Anyone know?

Red

Ed Brown mags are always made by someone else. And it changes. Find out who made the specific mag and buy basepads for that. Meaning Checkmate, Metalform, etc.

Not certain how important the Dawson base pads are to you, but the magazines from Ed Brown include two base pads (a thin one and a thick one) as well as the scews to attach them.  The magazine floor plates are pre-drilled.

If you already knew that and I am just stating the obvious, disregard.

I didn’t know that, thanks! I will sell my Dawson pads off separate try and recover some of the $. I’ve had the mags boxed to ship to brown for a week keep forgetting to ship

red

Red

you may be better off selling your Wilson mags outright and buying some other top brand mags FWIW

Yeah. Sell the 47ds and buy ETM’s or other competition suitable mags.  

On 8/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, DagoRed said:

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program.

If you go with the Ed Brown branded Checkmate mags, you may want to read through the post at the link below.

https://m14forum.com/handguns/490006-mag-suggestions-cmp-1911-please-2.html#post4386702