Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson pads with Ed brown mags?

DagoRed

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program. I’m wondering if my Dawson pads will work with Ed brown mags. Anyone know?

Red

1 hour ago, DagoRed said:

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program. I’m wondering if my Dawson pads will work with Ed brown mags. Anyone know?

Red

Ed Brown mags are always made by someone else. And it changes. Find out who made the specific mag and buy basepads for that. Meaning Checkmate, Metalform, etc.

Not certain how important the Dawson base pads are to you, but the magazines from Ed Brown include two base pads (a thin one and a thick one) as well as the scews to attach them.  The magazine floor plates are pre-drilled.

If you already knew that and I am just stating the obvious, disregard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, DagoRed said:

Never was happy with the Wilson 47d’s that I bought, got more cmcs and was gonna sell the Wilson but heard about the Ed brown exchange program.

If you go with the Ed Brown branded Checkmate mags, you may want to read through the post at the link below.

https://m14forum.com/handguns/490006-mag-suggestions-cmp-1911-please-2.html#post4386702