Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
ajblack

GoGun Gas Peddle ESP

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm that the GoGun *thumb rest [generic]* for the P320 is legal for ESP and fits in the box?  I won't have access to a box until my next sanctioned match.

Edited by ajblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go out on a limb and say no, it's not legal. That said, 320's are pretty special they are allowed tungsten, and grip weights, and bull barrels and nothing else is. So, I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That thing replaces the take down lever right? I don't see replacing the take down lever on the list of permitted features. And that list is inclusive, so if it's not on the list it's not allowed. So not legal.

 

Now, it does say you can have a extended slide stop. So the nitro fins might be legal if cut down to fit the box. But, you're not allowed to disable the function of the slide stop and I don't think the nitro fins function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a picture of it in the box on the idpa Facebook group and reports are that it fits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

That thing replaces the take down lever right? I don't see replacing the take down lever on the list of permitted features

Right, it's not listed by name but "thumb shields" are allowed so I'm not sure.

 

5 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

There's a picture of it in the box on the idpa Facebook group and reports are that it fits 

I guess I have to ask the AC about it directly, it's  a shame that's it's so ambiguous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ajblack said:

Right, it's not listed by name but "thumb shields" are allowed so I'm not sure.

 

I guess I have to ask the AC about it directly, it's  a shame that's it's so ambiguous.

 

A thumb shield is not a thumb rest, it something different. If that is all it takes I'm just going to  rename illegal parts I want to use to make the legal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

 

A thumb shield is not a thumb rest, it something different. If that is all it takes I'm just going to  rename illegal parts I want to use to make the legal.

The part has already been ruled as legal by one of the RACLs at a major match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

The part has already been ruled as legal by one of the RACLs at a major match.

What does RACL stand for?  I've seen it used a couple times and assume it's some NROI equivalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ajblack said:

What does RACL stand for?  I've seen it used a couple times and assume it's some NROI equivalent.

Regional Area Coordinator Liaison...there are two of them for the US, one on each half of the country. They are the final authority on most rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

Regional Area Coordinator Liaison...there are two of them for the US, one on each half of the country. They are the final authority on most rules.

Thanks, and are these ruling published anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up asking my AC about it and he forwarded the question to headquarters. They confirmed that it's legal as long as the gun fits the box and makes weight. I'll admit that I don't know how they come to that conclusion based on the allowed mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillR1 said:

The part has already been ruled as legal by one of the RACLs at a major match.

 

I don't doubt it at all, you can do pretty much anything with a sig rule book doesn't apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...