Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Ragnar175

Trijicon SRO on M&P

Anyone rocking an SRO on their M&P? If so, did you come from an RMR or something else? Any issues to report with the optic itself, so far? Also, is the dot as bright as the RMR? Thanks for any insight. Looking to trade up from an RMR to an SRO on my Carry Optics gun. 

not on my M&P (yet) but on my shadow 2. I compared the dot on the SRO to a buddy's RMR and they are both similarly bright. I have a 5MOA SRO so my dot got bigger  than 

the RMR dot and seemingly brighter , but I attest that to being a bigger dot.

I've got about 800 rounds through mine so far with zero issues. the adjustments haven't budged and the dot is crystal clear.

the only issue I do have with this thing is turning it off, there are so many modes on it that if i don't push the buttons just right it takes me a bit to turn it off LOL

and I always turn it off when not in use. Still using the battery it came with too (I carry batteries with me in my range bag, so if it starts to fade I could change it between stages

at a match if need be) I will probably be getting one for my performance center 9L as soon as they become readily available.

SRO 2.5 on my CORE, the front of the optic sits at the edge of the breech face, which I thought might be an issue but it does not affect the election at all. I've been using 6moa dots for over 4 years on various pistols, but o really like this 2.5. I was shooting it late morning into the sun (in Arizona) and it was clear as day. I'm really happy with this site. I can see using a 5moa for steel challenge, but I don't really think that it will matter for me.

I have my 2nd 5moa incoming that is going on my performance Center 9L. Most likely this will be my steel only gun, as I use a CZ shadow 2 for USPSA

and it's working out pretty well so far (I'm actually faster with my 9L but my double taps are better with the CZ)

Kurusty any issues mounting it on the Core? is it plate #1? and what screws did you use to mount it?

No issues, I don't remember what plate number, but it was the one for Trijicon. I also used the screws that come with the dot.

I'm actually faster with my CZ75 also, but it has the RM04 mounted on top of a dovetail adapter. 

got mine all zero'd in today, loving this optic on both my M&P and my CZ

G7wUZXi.jpg

not a smuch clearance as on my Shadow 2 but I shot about 150 rounds today and didn't have any issues.

IMHWC42.jpg

5yeM60Q.jpg

5 moa

m86R8B7.jpg

I'm over 1k with it on my m&p now and haven't had 1 issue. You're going to love it, it's a great combination!