Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Gen2 or 3 Advice

On 8/4/2020 at 9:00 PM, ck1 said:

Hiperfire has come out with a new disconnector design for the 24/hipertouch-series triggers, supposedly specifically to address the the MPX's punishment... I read about it and saw pics of it on an MPX FB group, it's shaped differently than the the older/original one. Contact them and they'll send you it and a new spring or two, mine is already in the mail...

thanks for the info, ill pass it along to other locals using hyperfire in their sig pmx 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 5:36 PM, Nolan said:

DOH!  Too late, I've already ordered the Elftmann trigger to try.

Thanks for the information.  I'll give Hiperfire a call today.

Nolan

We are still having excellent results with our ELF triggers in the MPX.. did you get your yet ? 

Not to steer the thread off course, but I put the new Hiperfire disconnectors in my MPX’s with 24/3G’s and they work great.

My main gun had ~10k rounds on it and the original disconnector came out fairly squished, maybe 2/3rds normal/original size and starting to look a bit wonky... My backup has only maybe ~500 rounds on it so its disco looked fine.

Neither gun has ever had a stoppage or malfunction (hope I’m not jinxing myself lol), but it was pretty easy to see my main one’s disco was on the cusp of misbehaving.

The new disconnector and spring fixed up the trigger-reset in my main gun a lot, feels much better, I hadn’t realized the reset had been getting weaker, it’s nice and quick/positive again. Put about ~1000rds through the main gun with the new disco and fresh spring and pulled it apart just to check it out and the spring looks good as new, no change, so far looks like Hiperfire sorted it out. 👍

Incidentally, I barely shoot the MPX’s enough to justify having 2 complete setups, if anyone is looking for an MPX, getting my feet wet in PRS is getting expensive quick so I might throw one up in the classifieds soon IDK... They’re so faking fun to shoot though, I don’t really have anything that provides as many laughs!

I just spent a lot of $$$ on a BNIB Gen3 MPX Competition with magpul SLK stock. Got it off GB. But a backup isnt a terrible idea and I shoot to a level to where I feel it’s needed. Oh well

Edited by Bdh821
2 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

I just spent a lot of $$$ on a BNIB Gen3 MPX Competition with magpul SLK stock. Got it off GB. But a backup isnt a terrible idea and I shoot to a level to where I feel it’s needed. Oh well

I belong to an MPX group on FB and it’s the timmys driving up the prices on them... apparently they’re the hotness on Insta, John Wick’s gun bruh lol 😜

On 9/2/2020 at 7:22 AM, Underwood said:

We are still having excellent results with our ELF triggers in the MPX.. did you get your yet ? 

Yes, I put the ELF trigger in, but haven't had much range time with it.  The break is much crisper than the Hiperfire, but the reset feels a bit longer than the Hiperfire.

Nolan

12 hours ago, Nolan said:

Yes, I put the ELF trigger in, but haven't had much range time with it.  The break is much crisper than the Hiperfire, but the reset feels a bit longer than the Hiperfire.

Nolan

I like the one piece design and the easy adjustment on top.. 

I had an ELF PCC trigger in my MPX at one point.  It gave me issues so it didn’t last long. At the time, I had connections to at least try it for free. I’d agree with Nolan that the reset is too long. The 1 trigger I’ve tried without any issues is the Hiperfire Eclipse. I think I’ve had 6 trigger in mine. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Gen 2 MPX with a Hiperfire 24C in it.  Reliable as an anvil.  Mine will eat anything I put through it.  I have shot a stock Gen 3 as well and the difference with 145's is slim at best, at least for me. 

Good luck with your decision.  I'm sure you'll be happy whichever direction you go.