Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy processed brass or dillon 1050? Have s2 650s

IrishPsych

I’ve got a lot of 223 (5 gal bucket and 3 Ammo cans) and about the same in 308/762x51. 

I bought a Swage It for the 650 and haven’t used it yet. Also have a router trimmer from Titan. It works but the endMill kind of sucks. 

I was thinking about getting a 1050 to make 223 and 308 professing easier OR I can sell some brass and buy it processed already. 

Thoughts? 

Is getting 223 and 308 roll sized and annealed necessary? 

Not much honestly and when I do it will be more pistol uspsa marches. Picked up a Uberti 45 colt and might do cowboy stuff. Don’t have the time for 3 gun. Granted I’m in California so we often accumulate just in case we won’t be able to late. 

I was once given 2 five gallon buckets of 9mm WCC with crimped pockets. I asked around on these forums and sent it all to a guy with a 1050 that he had set up to just do 9mm. He ran it through his 1050 swager and I let him keep some of the brass for payment. 

If you don't do much and you have swage it. Just run some of the brass and put the rest away for a rainy day. I find brass is one of those things that is really expensive to buy but doesn't seem like it's worth anything when you sell it. I bought 5k 223 brass a couple years ago and processed it all on a 550 with Dillon 1200 and a Dillon swager. Took some time but once it's processed and the pocket is good you have a few runs with it before needing trimming again.

I didn't mind it, I like loading.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk