Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
BoyGlock

Weak shouldered rifle and shotgun

How often do we need this in matches? Either mandatory or more of freestyle for faster stage times. Im learning the technique just in case... 

It is a good skill to have. Enough that you are confident doing it. I'm on the IPSC side of things, and IPSC Rifle Rules don't allow making it mandatory. However, stage designers sometimes make you shoot around corners where strong side is extremely awkward.

Also learn to do the switch from one side to the other without fumbling too much ;)

7 hours ago, perttime said:

It is a good skill to have. Enough that you are confident doing it. I'm on the IPSC side of things, and IPSC Rifle Rules don't allow making it mandatory. However, stage designers sometimes make you shoot around corners where strong side is extremely awkward.

Also learn to do the switch from one side to the other without fumbling too much ;)

Im on ipsc too most if not all the time. Yes shooting awkward behind barricade strongside can be mitigated very much w/ it. Also agree on smooth and safe transfer while moving to position. Careful not to get into trigger early. 

IPSC rules 2019 for SG allows mandatory weak shouldering in classifiers and short cofs. Dont know if same in rifles. 

I don't shoot IPSC but I've seen mandatory weakside rifle and pistol stages a handful of times. I've also shot weakside by choice a few times when its one of those poke your gun around the wall and shoot contact distance paper type shots. But these days it's usually just as easy/fast to shoot those while falling out of the shooting area then hopping back in and moving on, although I can imagine thats not allowed in IPSC.

6 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

IPSC rules 2019 for SG allows mandatory weak shouldering in classifiers and short cofs. Dont know if same in rifles. 

IPSC Rifle Rules have:

1.1.5.3 General Courses and Classifiers may not specify that the weak shoulder is to be used when
shooting.

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesRifle.pdf

For Shotgun, it says:

1.1.5.3 Short Courses and Classifiers may specify that only the weak shoulder is to be used when shooting.

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesShotgun.pdf

2018 Nordic Vortex Tri gun had a weak hand rifle stage start

46 minutes ago, Dad said:

2018 Nordic Vortex Tri gun had a weak hand rifle stage start

Over water too._4B_1347-(ZF-2970-20976-1-005).thumb.jpg.6c1c8d2e4cba5c2cda5d848e23a3c502.jpg

That's the one

IMG_6713.PNG

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, TonytheTiger said:

Over water too._4B_1347-(ZF-2970-20976-1-005).thumb.jpg.6c1c8d2e4cba5c2cda5d848e23a3c502.jpg

I hope the stage designer was forced to Bob-For-Road-Apples in that tank after the match!!!

Edited by Ming the Merciless

15 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

I hope the stage designer was forced to Bob-For-Road-Apples in that tank after the match!!!

Not sure about road apples but I'm sure I saw him bobbing for pizza and beer later that day..