Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Plus Ten Only Getting Plus 5

The follower is getting caught at the transition between the mag body and the extension.

Round all the bottom corners of the follower, do the same for the square lip on the bottom of the mag tube so it doesn’t stick again in reverse - when being shot. 

Then pack it mostly full til your’re about where you are, and slam it butt-down on a hard surface if it sticks in the future. That’ll make the follower jump down into the tube if it sticks after that... which probably won’t be necessary.. but helps if it does happen.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
40 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The follower is getting caught at the transition between the mag body and the extension.

Round all the bottom corners of the follower, do the same for the square lip on the bottom of the mag tube so it doesn’t stick again in reverse - when being shot. 

Then pack it mostly full til your’re about where you are, and slam it butt-down on a hard surface if it sticks in the future. That’ll make the follower jump down into the tube if it sticks after that... which probably won’t be necessary.. but helps if it does happen.

Same issue, same solution. It's a little nerve-racking because it feels like you're forcing the follower down, but I haven't had it hang up feeding yet, just loading.

46 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Load it to the sticking point. Press down on the top round with one thumb while grasping the mag and slap the bottom of the mag into your other palm. This should allow the follower to jump down past the transition point into the basepad. Then load it on up. You should be able to get 41, maybe 42 rounds. After a couple of times the follower should no longer stick and transition easily. Worked for me on three different 31 round Glock mags with TTI +10's and I did not even round corners on the follower or mag tube. That is the advice that Taran has been giving and that appeared in another thread a while back.

In my experience you only need to file the internal edge of the TTI basepad that has the retaining pin. 

After that the process described above (load 35, push the top round down while smacking basepad, then adding #36) is needed for a bit before it wears in.  

You don't need to take it apart. This happened to me literally exactly the same thing, 6 times in a row, with 6 TTI Ultralight glock basepads and 6 new OEM 33rd mags. Get your lula on round 35, and jam that sucker down. Do this til it's loaded to 41. After a few loads to 41, it'll be slick enough to do by hand. Never had any issue with the mags after. I don't even take them apart to clean unless they get dropped on the ground and actually get dirt inside.

With my gen 1 extension, I was not able to get the follower to jump that transition on 3 different mag bodies no matter how much I pushed and slammed the mag into a bench. I was actually crushing the brass with my loader trying to get it in there. Tried beveling the follower, didn't help. Had to round out and polish the inside edge of the extension and it works now. Still have to hold down the round and tap it on something to jump the transition, but have a few thousand on the mag now and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk