Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 holes in scoring target, one in no-shoot.

ChuckS

Talking about Target presentation where the no shoot sits off the target; I worked a stage once we're we had some bear trap targets or Max trap whatever it is they're called, and we had several people gripe after they shot the no shoot on the way up, and then the holes did not align when both targets were fully erect. They always got the noshoot/Mike, but sometimes it was a p i a dealing with them. They wanted to argue the fact that the hole in the no shoot was lower than the one in the shoot Target. Hope to never work a stage with those things again.

5 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

For those of you who don't believe Gary … The rule is 9.6.6.  This is a scoring issue.  It stops with the RM and CANNOT be appealed.

How is this interpreted?

In my opinion, if you are the shooter in this scenario and you don’t agree with the score you’re given (you think it’s unclear and want a reshoot) you can appeal up to the RM and that’s it. 

If you are told you’re going to have to reshoot and you disagree with the ruling and would rather take your original score (maybe you had a blazing fast run that you know you can’t repeat), could you arb that? Obviously, it’s pointless unless your original score was recorded, but if your score was recorded somehow, could you still arb that, and what rule would you use to justify that it should be a reshoot?

What Gary said … 2.3.3.3.  Plus, If you, as the shooter, do not agree with the scoring call … in this case one that leads to a reshoot … the appeals process is spelled out in 11.1.3.  Again, as this is a scoring issue, it ENDS with the RM per 9.6.6.  No appeal to an arbitration committee is allowed on a scoring call.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:32 AM, ChuckS said:

From 9.1.4: If there are extra scoring hits or questionable penalty hits thereon, and it is not obvious which hits were made by the competitor being scored, the affected competitor must be ordered to reshoot the course of fire.

In this scenario, it is totally obvious which hits were made by the competitor.

Nope - actually it isn't - that's the whole point of your question, right?

There's a rule that says targets are impenetrable.  One of the rounds impacting the scoring target passed through the penalty target, and can't score - due to the impenetrability rule.  Essentially there's an extra hit on the scoring target that shouldn't be there.  It's not obvious which one is the scoring hit, so I'd order a reshoot.  

[Waits patiently for an RM or RMI to point out that I've gone wrong somewhere....... ]