Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jpm2953

who else is having to run .357's in X5

I have about 3,000 frustrating rounds through my X5 now. I have gotten severe leading ever since I got it. 

First batch of bullets were Gallant, Then Brazos, now BBI. all sized .356 and all lead pretty bad after 200 rounds. 

I finally slugged my bore last night and got .3564". Guess I need to order some .357's and try those. 

Side note: I thought it might be my Lee FCD causing this so I ditched it and went back to the Dillon crimp die.  Didn't change a thing. Me and Choreboy have become good friends. 

Been running Xtreme 115 rn at. 355. No issues except 2 squibs in 4000 and I can't blame that on bullets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I run 357 or 358 in every 9 I own. Get much better accuracy. We always shot 001-002, over with lead. Coated is still lead.

Jacket I shoot 355 or 356

My X5 has shot BBI exclusively since I bought it last May, its got about 12k-14k rounds down the barrel and ive never had an issue. here am using the factory Dillon crimp die, but I dnt see that making a difference.

Thank you for sharing the dimensions and results, quite helpful info. 

14 hours ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

My X5 has shot BBI exclusively since I bought it last May, its got about 12k-14k rounds down the barrel and ive never had an issue. here am using the factory Dillon crimp die, but I dnt see that making a difference.

Jealous! I have 8,000 of these to go through. Ugh 

I have 400 .357’s through it now with zero leading. I’ll do a 200 round practice tomorrow and then 200 at a match Saturday. Update again after that. 

For anyone following this, I’m up to 750 rounds now. Still lead free. I think we have a winner!