Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Delay Or 3 Stage

I have narrowed down the search between these two. Running a complete nfa 16” gun, what would be a better first mod? I am leaning toward the adjustable 3 piece since it’s proven. Mostly running federal 115 but also have access to production 124 grain loads. Help me decide?

I'm very new to PCC and am running the complete Taccom 3 Stage on my first build with a 15.4 ounce BCG, gun weighs a total of 6.4 pounds with the optic. I'm shooting 115s at 138 PF. It's snappy but shoots flat and the dot rise is predictable and settles immediately. I still have to get the time to experiment, perhaps pull the BCG weight off.

27 minutes ago, gerritm said:

We run a similar set up with 115gr with the 3 stage with weight out of the bcg. Load is right at 125-130pf. Cycles fast, smooth, and dot stays on target.

gerritm

I need to try this, I run a ULW upper with their Xtreme bolt and the 3 stage.  Running 124gr reloads at 135PF....should see how it responds.

I tried 124's & 147's & like the 115's best in both PCC's. One is ULW Taccom upper other is JP pinned 14.5" Extreme BCG's & 3-stage buffer. Both run great. There is a little more felt recoil in the ULW, but dot movement is similar. 

gerritm

Mine wouldn't reliably reset my CMC 9mm PCC trigger with the SS in. Just make sure you check this before going to a match.

I ended up cutting 2 coils off the SS to make it function. Actually removed the SS eventually. I really couldn't tell the difference in my particular setup. Not because it caused any kind of malfunction.

gerritm

8 hours ago, gerritm said:

Mine wouldn't reliably reset my CMC 9mm PCC trigger with the SS in. Just make sure you check this before going to a match.

I ended up cutting 2 coils off the SS to make it function. Actually removed the SS eventually. I really couldn't tell the difference in my particular setup. Not because it caused any kind of malfunction.

gerritm

Short Stroking is edgy at best.....from a trigger view point. The relation between the bottom of the bolt and hammer comes in to play big time.....sometimes, if you are short stroked too much, the hammer is still on the ramp of bolt and not the flat......works with some triggers and bolts, not with others. That's the main reason we came out with our ESSB bolt.....the hammer on the trigger will always be on the very bottom of the bolt when short stroking the lengths we normally do.

22 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Short Stroking is edgy at best.....from a trigger view point. The relation between the bottom of the bolt and hammer comes in to play big time.....sometimes, if you are short stroked too much, the hammer is still on the ramp of bolt and not the flat......works with some triggers and bolts, not with others. That's the main reason we came out with our ESSB bolt.....the hammer on the trigger will always be on the very bottom of the bolt when short stroking the lengths we normally do.

Is your ESSB bolt machined the .040 for ramped barrels like your Extreme Bolt is?

On 8/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Is your ESSB bolt machined the .040 for ramped barrels like your Extreme Bolt is?

It is not.......ever since we went to the new patent pending ramp, we've stopped do that. It is not needed for our new barrels, but you will need to clearance that out for any other ramped barrel.

Edited by TRUBL

Just got back from testing the adjustable buffer and it’s definitely an improvement. Started off with the short stroke bumper in it, ran 100% but muzzle rise was noticeable. Removed short stroke and it seems to run flatter, feeling confident for this weekends classifier match. Ran out of time to try removing spring spacer but since I am still running 115Factory ammo not sure if that would be a good idea. 

Tim: Thanks for making it right and overnighting the internal spring. 

13 hours ago, vegaspcc said:

Just got back from testing the adjustable buffer and it’s definitely an improvement. Started off with the short stroke bumper in it, ran 100% but muzzle rise was noticeable. Removed short stroke and it seems to run flatter, feeling confident for this weekends classifier match. Ran out of time to try removing spring spacer but since I am still running 115Factory ammo not sure if that would be a good idea. 

Tim: Thanks for making it right and overnighting the internal spring. 

you got it!!! cool!!!