Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum grip

xjwalt666

I know I have seen posts both here and on facebook about with some talk on this but what is everyone's take on an Aluminum grip on an open minor gun? I generally run around 6.2gr of hs6 with a 124 at 1.165. Velocity is around 1250fps or so. I've seen some people say that the aluminum grips crack at major pf but was wondering if they would be fine on a minor gun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know I have seen posts both here and on facebook about with some talk on this but what is everyone's take on an Aluminum grip on an open minor gun? I generally run around 6.2gr of hs6 with a 124 at 1.165. Velocity is around 1250fps or so. I've seen some people say that the aluminum grips crack at major pf but was wondering if they would be fine on a minor gun.

where are your finding one? I run one on my limited gun and it's been fine for about 6k rounds now. Looking for another currently. Open is a different beast I guess

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

where are your finding one? I run one on my limited gun and it's been fine for about 6k rounds now. Looking for another currently. Open is a different beast I guess

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Phoenix Trinity has the EVO 7075AL for $525 and they stand behind their products 

I have both Aluminum and Steel grips. The Aluminum is a Gen 1 from PT I have maybe 10k minor loads through gun and it's been fine. The steel outlaw grip (very similar to the Evo)  sold by Line Star innovations comes in Steel and Aluminum and is a great option. Give Glenn at Lonestar a call to discuss. Best part is, the grip will come ready fit for your gun once you provide the dimensions. Leadtimes are ~2weeks.

8 minutes ago, xjwalt666 said:

Well I got my Cheely e2 aluminum grip in today. Took a bit more fitting than my Evo did when I got it but i got it on and fit pretty well. Here is the result. 254c85ee744a0ac8d9f1a08734056bb2.jpg

Awesome grip right there!

Awesome grip right there!
It definitely is an awesome grip. Might have it bead blasted to knock down the edges tho. I went from the evo to this in hopes that it was less aggressive and its noticeably more aggressive.

For some reason the Al grip feels more aggressive than the SS grip.  Stick it in a vibratory cleaner with walnut media or glass bead blast it.
Didnt even think of a vibratory cleaner. I'll try that before sending it out. Thanks.

While not an open gun, here's a pic of a PT aluminum grip on my limited gun. Grip is dirty as I shot it in a match last weekend and haven't gotten around to cleaning it.

IMG_1063.thumb.JPG.190138d7ebb45373ef6268c30a6031af.JPG

Here's a pic of trying to fit the same grip on to a STI frame manufactured several years earlier than the DVC above.  I would have had to remove quite a bit of material from either the frame or grip to make it fit.  At this point I decided to try it on another gun rather than bust out the file/dremel. 

IMG_1060.thumb.JPG.5dfa3a920c744b0219563c6c5db98dce.JPG