Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1301 table start

5 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

No, but I've never seen such a start condition.

You have never seen a empty shotgun start?

Been shooting 3gun for 20 years all over the US. Had to do it many times but not with a Berreta.

Most will let you put one on the lifter which is still a pain in the ass but some will not allow that.

It is a cruel start.

If you had to. How would your do it with your 1301?

2 minutes ago, Blockader said:

Pull back bolt to lock. Insert shell in front of bolt. Drop bolt. Load tube. 

Thats really your only option. 

Thanks.

,I was hoping there was a trick that I was not aware of.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Slowmisses said:

Ive started with bolt forward, hammer cocked -> PEEP -> load 8 into tube -> press the little button to release a round on top of lifter -> rack the bolt -> shoot.

Understand,

I was hoping there was a faster method.

I do know a faster way but i don't want to open up a can of worms.

Most 1301 users know what i am talking about.

In ipsc the faster way : bolt closed , grab the gun (right hand), load 8 shell gun upside down with left hand, press the trigger with the right finger gun still upside down, rack gun still upside down and shouldering for fire.

11 hours ago, Eagle4 said:

In ipsc the faster way : bolt closed , grab the gun (right hand), load 8 shell gun upside down with left hand, press the trigger with the right finger gun still upside down, rack gun still upside down and shouldering for fire.

With the hammer dropped though? Thats the tricky part of this scenario that I don't see a fast way around.

The load/trigger/rack process won't work if the hammer is forward. 

The bolt would need to be pulled back to release the lifter.

From there, 2 options.

- Bolt forward, load/trigger/rack

- drop one in the chamber/bolt forward/finish load

Personally i don't like the load/trigger/rack system.

I'm not convinced that pulling the trigger as part of the loading process is a good idea (here goes the "the gun is already loaded" comments 🙄)

Sure, it's fine for an unloaded situation but if there's a brain fart & the unloaded load technique is used when the gun has one in the chamber it's going to end badly.

I'd like to see a video of the trigger pull technique just for comparison to the button pushing method. I've been using the button for a couple years now and don't feel that its that difficult or slow.

Vid for comparison purposes:

On the FB page of Josh Kenny you will find an old vidéo of a table start, option 3, load 4, trigger pull,rack and shooting 4 plates un less than 3,2 seconds. ;)

Edited by Eagle4

2 hours ago, Eagle4 said:

On the FB page of Josh Kenny you will find an old vidéo of a table start, option 3, load 4, trigger pull,rack and shooting 4 plates un less than 3,2 seconds. ;)

If he was using a 1301 the gun had to be cocked and bolt forward or the lifter will not let you load the tube.

Gun not cocked, lifter will not go down.

Table start, bolt forward and cocked, no problem.

Great gun but loading it in the above condition sucks!

5 hours ago, Eagle4 said:

No "decocked" start in ipsc shotgun.

In decocked start  i will  certainly rack the bolt, activate the bolt release and start loading like i usually do.

I have never shot a IPSC 3gun match,

All my matches have been normal type 3gun.

Good rule!

• 1 month later...

My way to make a smooth option 3 table start not cocked hammer : Grab the gun and open the bolt, flip the gun, grab ammo, close the bolt with the ammo and load, trigger trick, rack and bang. ;)

And for Toni : i think the trigger trick is more smooth and fast than pushing the button. ;)

Edited by Eagle4

8 hours ago, Eagle4 said:

And for Toni : i think the trigger trick is more smooth and fast than pushing the button. ;)

It looks like you may be right. I'll probably keep using my current method, I see maybe two empty starts a year so I'll just live with the extra second for the sake of familiarity.