Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
doads

MPX mag with + 20 base pad

Put only 44 rnds starts rattling & double feeding. Thanks

Posted (edited)

Something is getting caught on the transition wether it be a round, follower or spring. Without seeing it and more detail that’s all I can help. 

Edited by Bwillis

Mine holds 50. But its tight for rounds 49 and 50. Also took several loadings and unloadings to get some set in the spring. At first it might fail to have a round go into battery between 40 and 50. Now it runs 100% but I rarely put more than 47 in it

I can only load 47 rounds with a maglula loader. And my bolt will not lock back. 

48 in mine with no problems. Once you’ve loaded about 38 rounds give the mag a couple of hard raps on your palm to help the mag springs settle

I had one and could get 50 into the mag.

The last two i would bang the mag base pad on the wooden tabel while pishing the last 1 and 2 im with the thumb and it functioned fine.

Who sells +20 basepads for the MPX??

Anyone try using the spring from a Taran Tactical +10, with a Taylor Freelance +20 extension?

Well, I tried it. I only put 3 rounds in the magazine because I wanted to see if it would even feed them. There was very little force, pushing them up.

I had just mounted a different optic, and needed to sight it in.

I went to the range, and fired the 3 rounds at about 10 yards, just to see where it shot, and if the magazine would function. I was surprised that it fed all 3 rounds, but I wasn’t surprised that the bolt didn’t lock back. I went back to 25 yards to sight it in, with 20 round magazines, and by the time I got it sighted in, my fingers were starting to freeze. I tried to load the big magazine, but with no feeling in my fingers, I gave up somewhere around 45 rounds. There seemed to be a LOT of pressure. I was wondering if With so much pressure, the bolt would move fast enough to function. I was pleasantly surprised to say it did.

If the weather isn’t bad, I’ll run it in 2 weeks at our local “hoser” match, which will probably have 40-50 round stages.

I have used Springer extensions at +10 and it feeds and loads 40 rounds flawlessly.  Tried their +20 combo and not so much.  Only got 45 rounds in it and it functions, but not close to 50.  If you keep cutting coils off you can cram more in but it will lead to feeding issues i think.  I am still playing with it.....  but i don't trust it yet

T