Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JAF1680

Mags are important to bring

I was running a 3 gun match and started getting odd questions from one of the open shooters that normally would do quite well on options.  On the first stage everyone was pre loading shotguns and getting ready to go.  He walks buy with a magfed shotgun and rifle with a bipod and a glock 27 on his hip.  He had a brand new DVC Open on his belt when he was asking questions in the morning.  He had driven 2 hours to the match and forgot his magazines for the 2011.  I made a better friend that day when I told him I had spare mags in my car.  He has never forgotten them again.     

bringing the mags with you to a match is good, but let's just say that having them in your mag pouches and not back in your range bag, is also good, when you dump your handgun (3 gun match) and it's time to rock with your AR...

10 hours ago, davsco said:

bringing the mags with you to a match is good, but let's just say that having them in your mag pouches and not back in your range bag, is also good, when you dump your handgun (3 gun match) and it's time to rock with your AR...

I watched that happen to a buddy at Blue Ridge last year, he ran all the way back through the stage to his range bag to grab his mag and then all the way back to the shooting position. Still didn't time out though.

I've heard 2 sets of mags is a good rule, my goal is to have enough match mags that I don't have to clean or reload mags for 4 stages. 

As a Single Stack Shooter I have two sets of 7 mags, one goes in my Range Bag loops and the other

in a Mag Carrying Case.  Basically one set are Practice Mags and the other are Match Mags but both

are exactly the same and are interchangeable.   

I say before each Match that I am going to make a list of items to take and I eventually don't.   That all

changed at my last Match as I left part of my CPAP at home; thankfully I was only 3 hours from home

and my wife met me half way and saved the day.  Thanks Honey!!!!!!!  I know that's a different thread,

but all equipment is important.

Can’t say I didn’t do this once at an out of state match