Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
vgdvc

5.4" or 6" bull barrel in 5" STI slide

Hello. Figured I'd ask this here first. Has anyone successfully fitted a 5.4" or 6" bull barrel in a 5" STI Edge slide? Thanks

You cannot accurately fit a 6" bull barrel in a 5" slide. The taper cut on the top of the barrel means that you will have a gap at the intersection of the end of the slide and the barrel top.

A 5'4" bull barrel will however work.

Jim

Call Clark Custom Guns.  All of their 1911 barrels start life as 6" barrels.  They cut them down to order.  So an uncut 6" barrel will work in a 5" slide.  If they only have bushing barrels available, all STI slides have the bushing cuts in them.  Clark will also machine what you want, but you'll have to wait a couple weeks for it.

I did some looking into it ,found Fusion Firearms. They will provide a 6" bull barrel that will work in a 5" slide. They will also do the fitting.

I have a friend that has an older limited SV pistol that has a 5 inch slide and a 5.4inch barrel and

he likes it fine.  Says that the longer barrel gives him a few feet per second better, but he likes the

5 inch slide as that's what he is use to shooting.  Did not know that a bout Clark Custom, but makes

sense.