Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockstore magwell?

Stafford

Bigmouth Aluminum magwell with brass insert from the Glockstore. Are these magwells good for competition? Looks like an easy install.

One review noted that the magwell is too small to be used with Taran Tactical +5 extensions? Another noted that the alignment was tricky and required that you really slam it home to make sure it inserts properly.

27 minutes ago, Stafford said:

Bigmouth Aluminum magwell with brass insert from the Glockstore. Are these magwells good for competition? Looks like an easy install.

One review noted that the magwell is too small to be used with Taran Tactical +5 extensions? Another noted that the alignment was tricky and required that you really slam it home to make sure it inserts properly.

I have one and it works fine, but I have extended magazines. Before the extended magazines I used the standard magazine with a heavier aluminum base plate (JWH Custom) that both enhanced the magazine dropping when released and made the whole assembly long enough to easily and fully insert the magazines without extra or unusual effort. You can get these from The Glockstore for extra premium pricing or from the manufacturer with a huge selection of engraving options for about half that price. They are a little hard to get on and off because they don’t flex like the stock polymer ones. Some folks have found if they shave those little retention ears at the bottom of the magazines these base plates go on and off more easily. Others will say that’s asking for your magazine to disassemble itself at the worst possible time. I have about twenty of these, all of which have been dropped multiple times and have never come apart except when I was taking them apart.

https://www.jwhcustom.com/product-category/accessories/glock/

I have one on my G40 in 10mm and use Arredondo +5 (the pin from a TTI would hit the screw that mounts the well to the plug,so does the Cain Arms retainer bolt) which give me 20 reloadable. Just remember to see Dawson's video on setting up Glock mags with extensions there is some work to be done at the junction of mag and follower

It is one of the few large frame magwells out there. 

Edited by Amerflyer48

I have the Gen4 version on my 35.  The pins on TTI's do hit the plug on the inside but they work fine.  Usually I just push the pin about half way out so it doesn't hit and I've dropped a lot of mags and the pads have never moved.

I had no issues installing, took me all of about 1 minute.