Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you buy a shotgun receiver ONLY

3gunNoob

I shoot 3 gun and I use the Mossberg 930 JM Pro. I opened up my loading port and quad load. I let a great 3 gunner try quad loads and he had a great deal of difficulty. Instead of buying a great shotgun with much longer loading port (Versa max or Breda). He suggested Roth Performance makes a receiver “Quad Vacuum Port” which is a custom receiver that you install. Unfortunately, it is only for Benelli or Breda. Bummer!!!. Now I am just looking for a stock receiver and then send it out for modification. How do you buy a shotgun receiver only?

fyi, the loading port mod wasn’t botched in any way. Advise was to file down between trigger and port to allow less steep insertion of shells and to open up on each side of magazine tube.

I’m attempting this instead of buying a new shotgun.

Other than the Roth I have never seen any “new” receivers available from the factory. I have seen a few (of assorted brands) for sale from someone's parted out a gun. Try GunBroker....and remember that the receiver is the “gun” so all ATF rules apply when purchasing.

Your port does not look to be damaged. A little more could be done to make it as good a the 930 port allows, but the overall size and shape will still be limited by what Mossberg gave you to work with.

• 3 months later...

I have been looking at Genesis Arms.  They have an upper built on a DPMS lower and sell the upper seperatley....wait for it:  $1400.00.  If it were in the 8-900 area I would buy one....not gas operated kind of a take off of the Browning A500 recoil system but what they call a short recoil.   Fully complete shotguns are 1900.00 dollars.

Other than the Roth I have never seen any “new” receivers available from the factory. I have seen a few (of assorted brands) for sale from someone's parted out a gun. Try GunBroker....and remember that the receiver is the “gun” so all ATF rules apply when purchasing.

Your port does not look to be damaged. A little more could be done to make it as good a the 930 port allows, but the overall size and shape will still be limited by what Mossberg gave you to work with.

I’m pretty sure that’s what he WANTS done and is not his. I have a bud that did his mossberg and went to far and had to buy a new gun. I don’t think the factory would sell him one. OR3Gun has the absolute best parts and service for Mossberg. Give them a shout and they will know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk