Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3d printed left hand thumb rest help

rlapid216

Hey all,

As I patiently wait for GoGun to make a left hand version for their P320 thumb rest, I'm hoping someone can 3d print a left hand version now. I'm not looking for the take down shaft, just the thumb nub to double stick tape/glue to the right side of the frame. Of course this means I'm looking for someone who: a) has the thumb rest, b) has a 3d printer, c) can mirror the right hand version. Obviously, monetary compensation is involved. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FYI, GoGuns stated the left hand version is on the drawing board, but will be released after their Glock version. 

side_view_GP_CG_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by rlapid216
removed trade name

You could get a right side piece of a tanfolio double sided safety and "stick" it on till you come up with a better solution. If you have the tools, you could probably drill and tap the take down lever on the right side and screw the tanfo on,,, I can see if I got one extra,,, or make one out of aluminum angle

20190802_094027.jpg

Edited by texasdawg
Bad file

1 hour ago, thormx538 said:

I wonder if you could just build one with epoxy? Like place a ball of painters tape over the takedown lever shaft on the right side (to create a void) and build up epoxy on the frame, and file down to fit your thumb?

I was thinking about that, but I didn't want it to be permanent. I can probably put some kind of release agent on the frame. I'll see how inspired I'll be, thanks!

1 hour ago, texasdawg said:

You could get a right side piece of a tanfolio double sided safety and "stick" it on till you come up with a better solution. If you have the tools, you could probably drill and tap the take down lever on the right side and screw the tanfo on,,, I can see if I got one extra,,, or make one out of aluminum angle

20190802_094027.jpg

I was hoping to continue using my RHT holster without butchering it up too much. I'll look into aluminum angle and grind it down to small nub

• 2 weeks later...

Should be legal all the way down to production, according the the latest ruling.

No. In production you are allowed to replace the slide stop with one shaped like a thumb rest, but it's still a slide stop. A bolt-on thumb rest would be ok in limited and open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 8:53 AM, be032 said:

Should be legal all the way down to production, according the the latest ruling.

It's legal because it's a modified slide release and not a stand alone rest. I saw an instagram post from @MemphisMechanic of an e-mail to Troy McManus and he said the GoGun pedal is legal.