Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion trigger

Practicalomaha

The GG kit has a sleeve installed over the pin through the frame to reduce overtravel. It stops the rearward motion of the trigger earlier, after the sear has released the striker pin. The kit also includes reduced power trigger bar and sear springs. The kit makes a positive improvement.  

Apex offers a trigger bar kit without their trigger so you can retain and use the stock Sig trigger if you want or need to = Apex Kit #112-041. This kit supplies their Forward set trigger bar, overtravel stop and overtravel stop spring. They do state that the changes/improvements are different in the XSeries versus the original P320s. 

Edited by DCSigCZ
Added Apex Kit info.

I don't have a Legion yet but will shortly so I've been checking out the various postings.

My impression is that many think the Legion trigger is an improvement over the standard X5 to the point where a GG trigger kit is not absolutely mandatory.

I'm curious what new owners will say about that.

(The original X5 absolutely needed the GG kit.)

With respect to the Apex kit: 

I tried it and found the GG kit to be distinctly superior.

I also tried to combine the Apex trigger bar with the GG kit and although it was functional I did not like the combination at all.

You'll want to get the GG competition trigger kit if you wanna lower the pull weight. The only downside with the GG kit is that it feels less clicky and less crispy. This is based on my experience comparing it to a standard X5 trigger.

Does anyone know the exact differences between the standard X5 trigger and the Legion trigger??

9 hours ago, paperchasin said:

You'll want to get the GG competition trigger kit if you wanna lower the pull weight. The only downside with the GG kit is that it feels less clicky and less crispy. This is based on my experience comparing it to a standard X5 trigger.

This ^^^^

I had two regular X fives - one apex and one GG and I found both mushy with a less distinct break.  

Just got a X five legion and the trigger is much better.  Good enough that I don’t plan on doing anything to it.  

Not totally sure of whats unique about on X5L trigger other than the trigger shoe.  

Im curious to see what a Burke trigger feels like for the X5L...

I handed my stock  x5 Legion to a single stack GM that shoots at terrifying speeds. Stone cold he took 2 slower shots and then promptly emptied the gun on multiple steels at 10 yards. The X5 Legion sounded like it had a full auto selector. It was humbling to say the least. I told him dont touch my stuff ! :) Seriously, His comments were that I may want to lighten recoil spring and a bit of trigger work would make it a very serious gun. 

Coming off my Glock 34/5 with a DK Customs Comp Elite trigger, I would appreciate less take up and all the crispness I can get. So I'll send it out to Don today and report back. 

I have the "standard" X5 with the GG competition trigger kit and really like it a lot. The pull is lighter and is down to 4lbs 6oz on average from around 7lbs to start. The reset is shorter (albeit not as short as I'd prefer, like my 226 SAO is). The over travel is pretty much gone. I do wish they'd just sell the kit without the trigger. I may get the Legion X5 and if so I'd keep the trigger (I do like the skeletonized version) but probably utilize the rest of the kit but would hate paying extra for a trigger I won't use.

I have the Apex kit in my 320c and a 320f, but prefer the GG kit myself.

Burke trigger in my X5 - much crisper, and more distinct break, and vastly shorter and more positive reset.

I do not know all the specifics that he does, and frankly do not care. It just feels way better, and the turn around and customer service are great