Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mighty Armory dies?

TANFARM

Currently running an EGW U - die on my 650 for 9 Major.

Is there any further advantage to trying the Mighty Armory recapping and sizing die as opposed to the EGW ?

Attempting to maximize case processing as opposed to a roller- sizer.........Thanks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot beat roll sizer with ANY dies.

My experience is that Mighty Armory decapping and swage backup dies are excellent. Sizing die is accurate, but too soft material -- I scratched mine very fast. Now I'm using Redding titanium sizing die.

I've switched to MA dies and had no issues.. the first run of 9mm dies was something with heat treatment. Wayne replaced it and haven't had issues since. have them in 9, 38sc, 40 . haven't roll sized since..  

• 3 weeks later...

I have 9 and 40 sizing dies, I love the 9mm die its like butter even coming from the rcbs carbide and hornady new dimensions with the TiN coated internals. The 40 however scratched within 1000 rounds and now I have pretty noticible lines on the cases after being sized, plus it definitely feels harder to size than the Lee U-die I was using previously. I will probably call up MA and see what they have to say about it and if they can't do anything to help I'll be putting the lee die back on and just get used to the coke bottle look again.

10 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

I have 9 and 40 sizing dies, I love the 9mm die its like butter even coming from the rcbs carbide and hornady new dimensions with the TiN coated internals. The 40 however scratched within 1000 rounds and now I have pretty noticible lines on the cases after being sized, plus it definitely feels harder to size than the Lee U-die I was using previously. I will probably call up MA and see what they have to say about it and if they can't do anything to help I'll be putting the lee die back on and just get used to the coke bottle look again.

This 👆... Switch back to my redding sizing die on my 40 Cal 

. 9mm is working great.. 

14 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

Just saw this post. Contact MA. We’ll replace that die for you. 

mightyarmory@hotmail.com

Wayne

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, mikamarj said:

You cannot beat roll sizer with ANY dies.

My experience is that Mighty Armory decapping and swage backup dies are excellent. Sizing die is accurate, but too soft material -- I scratched mine very fast. Now I'm using Redding titanium sizing die.

+1

I'm back to the U-die in 9mm.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys using our dies without lube or One Shot? 

The dies do require lube.. most use lanolin. The only user issue we had with our dies is when someone is sizing dry.

We replaced dies for those who didn't lube. That's no longer offered. It's all in the instructions in the box and online.

The dies are designed for spec sizing, much better results with your gun, on the range and will last lifetimes. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, TANFARM said:

Currently running an EGW U - die on my 650 for 9 Major.

Is there any further advantage to trying the Mighty Armory recapping and sizing die as opposed to the EGW ?

Attempting to maximize case processing as opposed to a roller- sizer.........Thanks!

I run an EGW U-die and haven't had a single case fail the case gauge since I started using it.  Highly recommend it.

1 hour ago, WaynePatrick said:

Are you guys using our dies without lube or One Shot? 

The dies do require lube.. most use lanolin. The only user issue we had with our dies is when someone is sizing dry.

We replaced dies for those who didn't lube. That's no longer offered. It's all in the instructions in the box and online.

The dies are designed for spec sizing, much better results with your gun, on the range and will last lifetimes. 

So the dies are extremely expensive and you MUST lube them so they "last lifetimes"? No thanks...

I could never get the 9MM Mighty Armory Die to work well. It didn't provide enough neck tension. The owner was helpful, but he wanted me to ratchet the crimp down farther than I was comfortable with on coated bullets.

The whole lube thing is annoying. I came from the dillon carbide. I switched because I was getting primer pullback. I tried beveling the pin and everything but was getting 1:10 pullbacks. Im thinking of making another switch

The whole lube thing is annoying. I came from the dillon carbide. I switched because I was getting primer pullback. I tried beveling the pin and everything but was getting 1:10 pullbacks. Im thinking of making another switch

Get the flick spring from Mighty Armory and add that to your decapping die.

I had a similar (but not as bad as your situation) with Dillon, Redding, and the MA die. Drove me insane.

Added the flick spring to the MA decapping/sizing die and out of the 3k I’ve done so far... literally zero suck backs. And this is with all the usual range pick up miscellaneous headstamp brass.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, 4n2t0 said:

So the dies are extremely expensive and you MUST lube them so they "last lifetimes"? No thanks...

I only know of a few loaders that don’t Lube using carbide insert dies. They seriously stress their presses. The idea behind our dies is lube and size to spec. The dies will cycle a million sizings.

keys are you can load to powder specs. Get proper burn rates and case pressures. 
lower SDs and more accuracy. Your pistol will be a lot cleaner after a shoot. 

Bullet tension is all about the flare and crimp set up and which dies your using.

our flare and crimp will finally be available in less than 2 weeks. It will make it easier for the few that struggled with other brand dies to finish a perfect round. 
Feel free to contact MA anytime.

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 12:58 PM, m700 said:

Honestly I only know a few who do lube pistol brass with carbide. Most rely on the polish in their dry tumbler or adding a bit of wash and wax to the wet tumbler after tumbling.

That works.. TNT

On 10/20/2019 at 9:39 AM, 4n2t0 said:

Sorry but your dies don't do anything different than any of the other dies currently on the market.

P.S. 9mm bullet tension is all about sizing.

Ok so you prefer .015-.025 bullet tension. Proper bullet tension is definitely about sizing as long as you don't over flare you're good to go with MA. Consult saami specs. New TNT Match Die is a breeze..

Edited by WaynePatrick