Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ambi safety choice ? Pics ?

urmaker45

I am ordering egw fcg and debating on thumb safety what are you guys  recommendation . I’m between egw ambi , svi ambi and double tap shielded ambi . I have a nitro fin so I figured a shielded ambi would look nice . Any info would be great or pics of this setup .

are you left-handed? As a righty, I have less than no use for an ambi-safety. One more thing to break and also adds a step to working on the gun. If I have a choice, I always go single-sided. If I don't have a choice, I use the ambi until it breaks, then get a single-sided.

13 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

are you left-handed? As a righty, I have less than no use for an ambi-safety. One more thing to break and also adds a step to working on the gun. If I have a choice, I always go single-sided. If I don't have a choice, I use the ambi until it breaks, then get a single-sided.

I’m right handed but I’m changing out firing controls so I have to replace the  thumb safety. I like the ambi for weak hand shooting . But I agree keep it simple !

I replaced both of my SV ambi's on my SV guns after they broke with Lonestar Innovations safeties. They have a lifetime guarantee and the notch under left side safety makes it easier to remove.

11 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

I’m right handed but I’m changing out firing controls so I have to replace the  thumb safety. I like the ambi for weak hand shooting . But I agree keep it simple !

i switch off the safety with my strong hand before transferring the gun to my weak hand. As far as I can tell, that is how the vast majority of M and GM shooters do it.

9 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

What slide release is that ? I like the look of that better then the nitro fin 

It’s a nitro fan, I removed the thumb shield.   I have no problem keeping my thumb off the slide without it  Thanks 

2 hours ago, tmz said:

It’s a nitro fan, I removed the thumb shield.   I have no problem keeping my thumb off the slide without it  Thanks 

That’s a good idea I’ll grind mine off as well no idea why I didn’t think of that 

5 hours ago, scooterj said:

CKArms billet shielded ambi. Had a cast safety break and take a nice chunk of skin off my thumb. Won’t do cast again!  The CKArms part was very easy to fit. 

25B2061A-787E-478A-B57F-66DFA6777F91.jpeg

Nice looking rig I have the legacy grip on mine same color contrast . That ambi looks nice as well 

• 2 weeks later...