Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sight alignment

chetc

i have the new shadow 2, i am having a problem lining up the sight, when i normally aim with this pistol i am constantly struggling to get the front sight down to line up with the rear sight, looking for some suggestions to help. would a different set of grips do anything here.

chet

29 minutes ago, chetc said:

i have the new shadow 2, i am having a problem lining up the sight, when i normally aim with this pistol i am constantly struggling to get the front sight down to line up with the rear sight, looking for some suggestions to help. would a different set of grips do anything here.

chet

Thats an index problem as it sounds. Dryfire should solve that problem?

I'm not sure I understand "normally aim"? 

Don't over complicate it. Align the sights with your eyes. Your grip should subconsciously auto adjust for what you need to see.  As previously stated, 15 minutes of dry fire should correct any grip habits that are causing the odd sight alignment. 

Edited by Ssanders224

I doubt new grips are going to help. A new backstrap profile will, but that sounds expensive. Glocks always indexed high for me, I never could train it out. I quit fighting it and moved on. You may need to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if this will help or not, but playing around with your holster placement could help fix your issue. I know it effects my grip / sight alignment if the holster is not in the spot I normally place it. 

Also, before you got the shadow, did you shoot a glock?

57 minutes ago, ARac40 said:

Idk if this will help or not, but playing around with your holster placement could help fix your issue. I know it effects my grip / sight alignment if the holster is not in the spot I normally place it. 

Also, before you got the shadow, did you shoot a glock?

i do have some glocks, they are easier to aim, and the best is the walthers ppq

From reading your post, it sounds like consciously canting ur wrist down similar to how you present a glock would help too.  

Give it it a shot in dry fire and see if that helps!

1 hour ago, ARac40 said:

Wait, what? 

Come on guys, this is what I was talking about. 

So what happens when you draw in a funky position? Pick the gun up off a barrel? 

Put the sights in front of your eyes. Stop worrying about everything else and just stand there and put the sights in front of your eyes over and over. 

Your proprioception may not be perfect at first, but that's what your eyes are for. After a while, it will get better, and the sights will be closer to where they need to be without much correction from your vision. 

I mean index your equipment. So your normal draw from the holster becomes subconscious and quick. If his stuff isn’t in the same general area all the time he’s gonna have a different grip and position on the gun which is going to make things difficult for a quick sight picture / presentation. 

Obviously, I don’t expect table starts and barrels to be just like my holster draws. I know they are are going to be slower and not subconscious- and that’s where you’re eyes finding the sights come into play like you’re saying.

im just saying stack the deck in your favor...

3 hours ago, JWBaldree said:

Glocks always indexed high for me, I never could train it out. I quit fighting it and moved on. You may need to do the same

Glocks and the Shadow 2 both had me duck hunting after the draw. 

I think I could have worked through it with practice but do not know for sure.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:05 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Glocks and the Shadow 2 both had me duck hunting after the draw. 

I think I could have worked through it with practice but do not know for sure.

I´m pretty sure it´s the grip angle of glocks that make them point high if you dont bend your wrist down. Everyone i know has that problem at the beginning.

The "new" shadow 2 has a very deep beavertail cutout that also changes the grip angle a bit.

It´s a pure training thing, in my eyes.

26 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

It´s a pure training thing, in my eyes.

Probably.

With my other guns I did not need to train myself out of it so for me it was just easier to shoot what points naturally. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

14 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Probably.

With my other guns I did not need to train myself out of it so for me it was just easier to shoot what points naturally. 

Yes, some point naturally. 1911´s, many CZ´s, Walther, H&Ks etc.