Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX rifle or other for new purchase?

Going to move away from the MPX and wondered if anyone has experience with the MBX?

Looks like a nice setup but figured I would look for some feed back before I threw down my money.

Recommendations on the best (reliable) PCC out there, I am also looking at the CMMG and others.  Open for suggestions!

Very positive experience when used with a true round nose 115-124gr FMJ. Will run well with Blazer and CCI bulk rounds. Buffer can be easily tuned for your PF. MBX short stroke kit is a great add if you are so inclined to tune further. I replaced the stock and handguard for personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have an MBX PCC, and wouldn't recommend them again. Build quality was average, and my barrel nut has been stripped, with the handguard twisted off with normal use. 

I'd recommend getting an GMR-15 from Shooters Connection; only a $200 difference, and you can never go wrong with anything from JP. 

Mbx is really good out of the box, I have over 15k rounds on mine. The buffer is easily tuned (probably the most tunable on the market). The magwell can be adjusted to take slop out of Glock mags to reduce rocking. Good customer service. 

I just bought a new MBX 2 weeks ago, and am really enjoying for the following reasons:

- super light weight. It's under 6lbs, before adding the optic

- it just runs and runs. (although if you want to run really super soft loads, you have to break-in the gun (buffer and recoil springs) for about 700-100 rounds first)

- soft and easily tunable recoil system. can also short-stroke it, which I plan to experiment with soon.

- truly turn-key racegun; it's already got all the go-fast goodies you want like the comp, magwell, trigger, lightweight everything... 

Just add your optic, load up your mags and play. 

MBX_PCC.JPG

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

leaning towards the MBX at this point, JP is a nice rifle too but not sure on the weight.

Thanks for the feed back!

If you're prioritizing weight pick up the JP GMR-15 with the aluminum ultralight barrel. Under 6lbs and more importantly the weight is removed from the end of the rifle where it actually matters. 

Hard to choose, so many good options out there right now. 

Everyone has their favorite but switching from the MPX to blow back will be a little different to get used to. 

I will be shooting factory Atlanta Arms 147 and not reloading due to elbow issues so that is steering me away from a few otherwise great paths.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:14 AM, Godzilla said:

Going to move away from the MPX and wondered if anyone has experience with the MBX?

Looks like a nice setup but figured I would look for some feed back before I threw down my money.

Recommendations on the best (reliable) PCC out there, I am also looking at the CMMG and others.  Open for suggestions!

I'm doing the opposite and in the process of moving from a blowback to an MPX PCC with some upgrades. If you don't mind commenting,why are you transitioning from your MPX?

I have an MBX that I love.  It has 5500 rounds through it and has run 99.9% with decent ammo.  As others have said, it is light weight.  It feels much lighter than an MPX or JP.  It is very accurate and the customer service has been outstanding.  The trigger is not as light as a Hiperfire but, unlike my HP, it runs no matter how dirty it becomes. The only thing I've changed is the grip because I have very large hands.

On top of everything else, it looks sexy.  😍

18 hours ago, vgdvc said:

I'm doing the opposite and in the process of moving from a blowback to an MPX PCC with some upgrades. If you don't mind commenting,why are you transitioning from your MPX?

Well I really like the way it shoots but it is on the very heavy side even with a lighter hand guard.  Around 12k it started having issues and I heard they have a limited life of around 15-18k so that barely makes it through one season so I think I need to find a different platform.

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

Well I really like the way it shoots but it is on the very heavy side even with a lighter hand guard.  Around 12k it started having issues and I heard they have a limited life of around 15-18k so that barely makes it through one season so I think I need to find a different platform.

Ah ha. What gen do you have and what issues? What are the weak links you heard of for the short life span? I'm new to them so trying to learn about them. I was using an ATI mil-spec with Hiperfire 24c trigger, Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer, .308 carbine spring,MBX comp and Titan Rocket Magwell. Has been flawless with reliability,makes 130 pf with 145gr with way less powder than needed for the MPX,weighs 6.75 lbs with a Cmore Slideride,is accurate and inexpensive. Shoots predictably but not as soft compared to the MPX. Once I got to M class I told myself I was upgrading to an MPX PCC Model,hope I made a smart choice.....

BTW, not that this is the norm,but an accomplished fellow shooter I compete with decided to enter the PCC arena. He just bought a new MBX and it will not run. I haven't followed up but what little experience I have with MBX was positive and I'm sure they will get him going.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:50 PM, vgdvc said:

BTW, not that this is the norm,but an accomplished fellow shooter I compete with decided to enter the PCC arena. He just bought a new MBX and it will not run. I haven't followed up but what little experience I have with MBX was positive and I'm sure they will get him going.

Following up. My friend that I referenced above says with round nose bullets his MBX PCC has been working 100%. He had been using flat/semi flat nose profile when having reliability issues.

It is a gen 2 with a 14.5" barrel.  I shot the Oregon State match this weekend and another MPX shooter told me that extractor springs need to be replaced every 5k rounds or so.  Might very well be my issue.  Ordered some from in lead we trust.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, vgdvc said:

Following up. My friend that I referenced above says with round nose bullets his MBX PCC has been working 100%. He had been using flat/semi flat nose profile when having reliability issues.

Is that me? 

Mine is running fine now (still a small-ish sample size of around 500 rounds) with 115 or 124 RN bullets. It worked on 122 gr flat points at first but not anymore. An easy enough fix to use RN bullets, except my ammo fairy's pet load is for the 122's :( 

Edited by waktasz
2 hours ago, waktasz said:

Is that me? 

Mine is running fine now (still a small-ish sample size of around 500 rounds) with 115 or 124 RN bullets. It worked on 122 gr flat points at first but not anymore. Any easy enough fix to use RN bullets, except my ammo fairy's pet load is for the 122's :( 

Yup,your the reference. You can tell the story better than me now that you're here. Looks like it worked well at New Holland yesterday,eh?

7 hours ago, waktasz said:

Is that me? 

Mine is running fine now (still a small-ish sample size of around 500 rounds) with 115 or 124 RN bullets. It worked on 122 gr flat points at first but not anymore. Any easy enough fix to use RN bullets, except my ammo fairy's pet load is for the 122's :( 

What was your oal for the 122gr fn?

pretty short. I couldn't really tell you.

I have a friend that loads for me on an autodrive dillon 1050. He also loads for another friend and they had a load set up for his short chambered CZ and weird colt PCC. Those loads definitely do not work in my MBX.

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

pretty short. I couldn't really tell you.

I have a friend that loads for me on an autodrive dillon 1050. He also loads for another friend and they had a load set up for his short chambered CZ and weird colt PCC. Those loads definitely do not work in my MBX.

If possible and you like the load try a 1.14 to 1.15