Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Other Holster Hangers?

Smitty79

I've been shooting with a Boss hanger for years.   I have seen other types of solid hangers at matches.  What do people recommend as an alternative to the Boss for Production and Carry Optics?

On 7/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, koteris said:

I like my Berger Precision one a lot.  I ordered through facebook.

this one is super slick.  I dont think he is making them any more though.  I tried to buy one recently and he didn't reply.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, Smitty79 said:

I've been shooting with a Boss hanger for years.   I have seen other types of solid hangers at matches.  What do people recommend as an alternative to the Boss for Production and Carry Optics?

What’s wrong with the boss that you want to try something else? Thanks 

33 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

I got one of these. They’re good and works well without digging into my leg. The longer piece is extended which keeps the holster/hanger parallel to the body.

Aside from the fancier powdercoat of the BOSS hanger which I also have, these is better in terms of functionality.

I have a couple of the aandabooks hangers, & they work well & are solid, but kinda unrefined & rough. They are also the most economical. For not much more, the Henry Holsters hanger looks really nicely made. Only $4 more for black hard anodizing. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 11:06 AM, IPSCLUVERRR said:

https://www.henryholsters.com/product/turbodrop-owb-drop-hanger/

I have switched my rht,springer, and stoeger over to this hanger. I have 4 of them. 

I think I'm going with the Boss. The ebay one only has 1 curved slot which means 1/3 the adjustment as the Boss. The turbo drop in the link above isn't clear how well it allows for cant. The elongated bolts seem going the wrong way. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2019 at 12:20 PM, George16 said:

I got one of these. They’re good and works well without digging into my leg. The longer piece is extended which keeps the holster/hanger parallel to the body.

Aside from the fancier powdercoat of the BOSS hanger which I also have, these is better in terms of functionality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333360931380