Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
mdThanatos

Remington V3

Posted (edited)

Haven't seen any kind of updated information on this shotgun for a while.  Remington appears to be making newer models, including a shorter barreled tactical version with an extended magazine.  Anyone currently running a V3, not necessarily the newer model, just in general and having any luck?  Looking at a better alternative to the Mossberg 930, while more affordable than the Beretta 1301.

Edited by mdThanatos
Clarification

I tried a 26 inch V3 and now I have a Beretta 1301 🤣 Save your money for something reliable and with aftermarket support. Benelli/Stoeger/Breda/Beretta If you're on a budget there's nothing wrong with Stoeger.  If your heart set on a gas gun the Beretta is where it's at just know the loading port needs a lot of work and the early ones the serial # is at the front of the receiver. 

I noticed some early reviews for the V3 tactical seem favorable. Kind of hoping Remington gets their QC right and doesn't cheap out on components. I have a sentimental attachment to Remington. Still use an early 1187 for competition. 

One thing I was wondering about looking at the pictures of the V3. Is there a high chance of accidentally catching and engaging the mag cut off when using a load 2 method therefore creating an extra set of issues? Haven't tried a V3 so I am not 100% sure how it works.