Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington V3

mdThanatos

Haven't seen any kind of updated information on this shotgun for a while.  Remington appears to be making newer models, including a shorter barreled tactical version with an extended magazine.  Anyone currently running a V3, not necessarily the newer model, just in general and having any luck?  Looking at a better alternative to the Mossberg 930, while more affordable than the Beretta 1301.

Edited by mdThanatos
Clarification

• 4 weeks later...

I tried a 26 inch V3 and now I have a Beretta 1301 🤣 Save your money for something reliable and with aftermarket support. Benelli/Stoeger/Breda/Beretta If you're on a budget there's nothing wrong with Stoeger.  If your heart set on a gas gun the Beretta is where it's at just know the loading port needs a lot of work and the early ones the serial # is at the front of the receiver. 

• 1 month later...

I noticed some early reviews for the V3 tactical seem favorable. Kind of hoping Remington gets their QC right and doesn't cheap out on components. I have a sentimental attachment to Remington. Still use an early 1187 for competition. 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I was wondering about looking at the pictures of the V3. Is there a high chance of accidentally catching and engaging the mag cut off when using a load 2 method therefore creating an extra set of issues? Haven't tried a V3 so I am not 100% sure how it works.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised there isn't more information on these. I just received mine and its a very nice shotgun. Like all of them they never come out of the box exactly how I want it, but this ones the closest. With minimal work it will probably be my 3-gun shotgun for a long time. I started 3-gun with a Rem1100 that I worked on to get it set up for the sport. That thing ran beautifully for several years. The big dawgs claimed they were fragile and the Benelli M2 was the answer. Well I went thru two of them with lots of work and lots of $$$$ and both had a little quirk that just would not go away 100%, and always bothered me. During that time I also tried an FN SLP and a 930, and liked them less than the M2. For the last few years my only gamer shotgun has been a heavily modified Stoeger M3000 that has been a great gun, with zero issues, other than recoil being a little stout like the Benelli, but at least it has never malfunctioned. The V3 right out of the box is put together very nicely. One thing I really missed on the Benelli was I liked the 22" barrel. For me it just swings right. I shot a few low recoil slugs thru it and found them extremely soft shooting and right to point of aim at 50yds. It comes with two additional rear sights to adjust point of aim to taste. Side by side with my Stoeger the recoil was noticeably less with low recoil target loads. It did not malfunction in the 200 or so rounds I shot today. I like the manual of arms better than the Benelli/Stoger. You don't need to push a button to load a shell, just cycle the bolt. The shell cut off button underneath has been eliminated. All that's necessary to rack a shell without a fresh shell coming out of the mag tube is push up on the shell carrier as you rack the bolt. And the shell carrier needs no mods. Not once did I pinch my thumb loading.

v3 1.jpg

v3 2.jpg

v3 3.jpg

Another pic. There also seems like more room that gets the shells flatter to the receiver than the Stoeger on the front of the trigger guard. I tried loading both week hand grab four and loading deuces both were only hindered by my arthritic wrist and fingers not co operating. lol. It sucks getting older.

v3 6.jpg

I'm with Mark on this! These are GREAT shotguns. I have played with a few now and can say they are in general leaps and bounds better than almost any platform to start from. Easy to work on, low recoil impulse, in general pattern and shoot slugs well, and damn easy to give it a good trigger. Lots of room to butcher up the receiver if you want (I don't think it needs much).... I think the V3 is the cat's meow....or tits.....or what ever