Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 or M&P40 - Limited

Playing around with ideas about a future pistol to use in Limited. I have a stock Glock 22 Gen 4 that I could throw some add ons to, or I could pick up a trade in M&P 40 for around $250 and throw the same add ons to it. Since I already have the G22, it is the cheaper option, but that’s negligible in the grand scheme. However, I’ve always shot M&P’s better for whatever reason. Thinking a brass magwell, sights, heavier guide rod and trigger upgrade. 

Not looking to do this anytime soon, just thinking ahead. Any opinions or other ideas welcome.

1 hour ago, Stafford said:

It will be a while before a polymer pistol becomes my limiting factor. I can improve a whole lot shooting a Glock or M&P before I need to get something else. Not to say I wouldn’t want a CZ though, or eventually get one.

I can be the best driver also but you won’t see me driving a Yugo on the autobahn. 

I think the TS and 2011 will give most people around a 5-10% improvement. I shot a Glock 35 in limited for a year with a trigger job, Dawson sights, frame weight, extended mag release, steel guide rod, and heavy magwell (made A class with it). Bought a 2011, shot a couple matches with it and then soon ordered another for a back up gun (no regrets). I think the biggest advantage with a 2011 or TS are the awesome triggers. My accuracy went up and my confidence in longer tighter shots and steel improved. Other than the trigger i think my G35 with added weight is pretty comparable to a 2011 with plastic grip "in my opinion". I wish i would have started Limited with a 2011 but looking back i cant really say i regret shooting the G35. Switching guns and working up new loads set me back a few months learning a new platform. If you love the sport and have the money just buy the TS or 2011, you will always have that question of how much better is it and eventually the curiosity will bite you and you will buy one anyway! 

3 minutes ago, T-Free said:

I wish i would have started Limited with a 2011 but looking back i cant really say i regret shooting the G35.

If a Glock or M&P is all you have or can afford, then shoot what you have. I started with a G35 and got a magwell and tungsten guiderod. And then I shot a friends 2011, game over. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, dapribek said:

I’d shoot the gun you shoot best. Trick out the M&P, and have a good time with it. Save the Glock  for Production. Have a good time!

+1. I prefer M&Ps (grip/point angle). Dan Burwell did a 2.75 pound trigger job on my CO gun, TTI makes nice mag 140mm extensions; takes a 17 round to 22 rounds.  A pair of those should get you through a COF. There are plenty of good aftermarket sights out there for the M&P. It's not an expensive deal.

To paraphrase attorney Johnny Cochran from the infamous O.J. Simpson trial "If the handgun fits, you must equip."

• 1 month later...