Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore dot size

jstagn

Ran a 6 for a couple of years.  In bright sunlight I was cranked all the way up.    Switched to an 8 before Area 1 this year.

Now most bright stages are around the midpoint, with enough brightness adjust left for those "into the sun"  stages.

The only place i notice the difference in dot size is on the occasional 25 yd. headshot.   

My 6moa RTS2's are plenty bright in sunny conditions and are far from being turned all the way up. Check your battery? Almost any dot will wash out if the angle of the sun is just right(wrong?) An 8 won't help there.

Tried sunshade no difference. New batteries not the problem. Cranked all the way up. Fades to a lite red, pinkish color. Eyeglass color does not matter but racing red give the best ‘pop’. Might try an 8. Sight is clean. Indoors super red color with clear glasses. Thanks 

19 hours ago, jstagn said:

Rishii, is your 8 moa any brighter than your 6 outdoors in bright sun?

It’s bigger than the 6 which makes it easier to track, but it’s not any brighter

i sent my 6moa back because it looked dim, c-more checked it and agreed, they replace the emitter 

i see they now have a 10moa rts2 which I wish they had out when I bought my 8

Thanks rishii, going to compare my current 6 to a friends 6. Don’t think module is bad since it’s super bright indoors. Guess it’s not as bright as slideride. My concern with the 8 or larger is tight far shots, however an 8 at 25 yards is only 1/2 inch larger than a 6, and 25 yard headshots around here are rare, but 15 are common. As usual there is no perfect solution for everyone.

Got my cmore changed to an 8. Looks very large, old 6 was bad. Thought it would be too big, but shooting indoors seems fine, will test outdoors with far head shoots and see how it compares.