Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 with SRO

GregJ

SRO - 2.5 MOA arrived today, and got it mounted on my S2, wth CZC RDS plate system.  Going to zero it tomorrow, and get some range time with it before this weekend's match.  But so far, I really like it over the DPP.  The highest setting will absolutely sear your eyeball !!! 

Only issue, the stock SRO screws are about 4 threads too long to fit the RDS plate, so I had to trim them down.

Thanks to Brandon Wright for getting it to me.

https://www.wrightshooting.com

For those interested in weights:

S2 without mag, SRO, LOC L/W grips, poly guide rod, thin safeties, and bobbed front sight - 39.7 oz. With MG 16 rnd mag and CZC basepad, follower, spring (23+1) mag, 43.5 oz.  Same setup but with DPP, 43.7 oz.  

IMG_0367.jpg

Edited by GregJ

sweet!!! can't wait to hear some "in the field" reviews of these. I have a 5MOA arriving on Friday for my Shadow 2 as well.

You used the  RDS  'RMR' plate I'm guessing (hoping as that's what I have in waiting)

Edited by kmanick

4 minutes ago, Chompion said:

Very nice! Few questions, 

Did you have any issues with ejection from the overhang on the SRO? 

Howd you shorten the screws? 

Thanks.

I will find out this afternoon when I zero it and get some time behind it.  I doubt if there will be, as the hood sits back from the ejection port.

Dremel cutting wheel. Put the screw in a small needle nose vice grip, the width of the cutting wheel and 1 thread was enough.  Beveled ends,  slapped blue loctite on, no problem.

7 minutes ago, GregJ said:

Thanks.

I will find out this afternoon when I zero it and get some time behind it.  I doubt if there will be, as the hood sits back from the ejection port.

Dremel cutting wheel. Put the screw in a small needle nose vice grip, the width of the cutting wheel and 1 thread was enough.  Beveled ends,  slapped blue loctite on, no problem.

Awesome thanks! 

9 hours ago, kmanick said:

Excellent thank you !!! :)

I can't wait for mine to arrive

No problem, glad to help.  I am sure you will enjoy it. 

300 rnds last night, worked great.  Seemed a little easier to acquire the dot than the DPP.  

Noticed a gap between the SRO and the RDS plate.  The plate has a definite ridge between the posts that can be felt, and another smaller one around the screw holes.  It appears these are the areas that have contact with the SRO, causing the gaps elsewhere. The screws were shortened approx 2.5mm (stock SRO screws too long for RDS plate), and torqued to specs (15 in lbs). 

Sent below pics to Stuart @eerw .  Stuart will be sending me a new plate.  Great CS, thanks!!!

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

9 hours ago, kmanick said:

just got my 5 moa SRO mounted on my shadow 2 tonight. Going to Zero it tomorrow night and run some drills with it 

will post thoughts and Pics then :)

Cool.  At a local match sat, fellow squad mate had a 5MOA SRO on his S2.  We put them on their brightest settings and looked at them side by side.  3 of us could not see a difference in the dot between my 2.5 and his 5 MOA.  Maybe if we turned the brightness down, but we expected to see a major diff and didnt.  Maybe he got a 2.5 by mistake? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 5:19 AM, GregJ said:

Noticed a gap between the SRO and the RDS plate.  The plate has a definite ridge between the posts that can be felt, and another smaller one around the screw holes.  It appears these are the areas that have contact with the SRO, causing the gaps elsewhere. The screws were shortened approx 2.5mm (stock SRO screws too long for RDS plate), and torqued to specs (15 in lbs). 

Sent below pics to Stuart @eerw .  Stuart will be sending me a new plate.  Great CS, thanks!!!

Did you get  your straight plate? 

Still waiting on CZC to get the plates back in stock.  Very frustrating, have the SRO but no mounting plate.  Wonder if the plates they get in stock will not have the gaps that GregJ has in the pics in the above post.

mine also has those gaps between the optic and the plate. I've run about 1600 rounds through it so far , nothing has moved (so i don't even know if this will cause any problems)

but I'd like to avoid any if at all possible. I emailed Stuart and also messaged him over on the CZ forum. I hope they've got this squared away and he can send me another plate.

Edited by kmanick

19 hours ago, YVK said:

Did you get  your straight plate? 

Not yet.  Stuart is on vac, but responded on the 20th that they are pending getting back in stock and he would see what the hold up is.  Probably all these yahoos that just got SROs!!!  LOL

I will post up when I get the new one on.