Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel target source

I would say MGM targets as in Mike  Gibson.  I know they have a couple of tall targets but if you call & talk to them,  they may be able to accomodate your strange needs.  The eye level thing may cause trouble..  Rocky Mountain targets might also be worth checking into.

My range has a similar requirement that targets have to be placed so shots would hit mid berm   But we all know in competition they are ground level. 

So so I mostly hang gongs from A frame stands. 

You can try minimalist targets on Facebook.  Or mintargets@gmail.com. 

Ive used his steel in the past and our range just bought a couple of his double stars.  

Edited by rondog

Range around here had a 36" rule we got moved down to 20" which lets you put steel at about the same height as the calibration zone on poppers.   

Matches are expected to police their steel placement a bit better than random walkup shooters I guess.

The plates that fit on a 2x4 can be made any height desired.  

I've had good luck with Challenge Targets out of Ohio. They have a variety of steel targets supported by sturdy stands and 2x4 supports. The nice part about the 2x4 supports is that you can cut them to whatever length / height you want. Here's a link to their IPSC A/C zone targets.

:

https://www.challengetargets.com/product/SS-RM-80020-R.html