Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
aandabooks

Knock over steel

Who has the knock over steel targets that are hinged on the stand?  Looking for the 4 inch square targets for our 3 gun matches.

Tooth and nail has some, but I don't recommend them. Most of the hinged plates work loose in the ground and some will come back up after shooting. 

Can't find them at MGM or USA Steel.  I thought I had seen some on ebay but can't find.

Rte targets from Pennsylvania! Tell him Lou Scarborough sent you 

Try hang fast targets in WV- they may have them- if not he may make you some.

Targets USA if you mean the ones like they used at CAPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/27/2019 at 2:17 PM, ziebart said:

Tooth and nail has some, but I don't recommend them. Most of the hinged plates work loose in the ground and some will come back up after shooting. 

Using the other brand of hinged plates and I don’t care for them. Yesterday’s match they started to turn as they got loose in the ground. Couldn’t drive them deeper as it would have changed their presentation for the next shooters. Another match had them pop back up after being knocked down. Their short size doesn’t give you much options when setting their height unless you fabricated some stands or something. 

I don't think its a brand issue. Just the nature of them. Okay for practice or matches without that many shooters, but too many problems overall. They are faster to set and the steel doesn't get muddy. Only 2 advantages

Targets USA rhinos are the best knock down design I’ve seen. Simple design and function very well for retaining the plate and resetting.