Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
limitedgun

Favorite Hunter's HD Gold Style

I currently have the Gauge with my prescription high center for shooting Limited. I am going to buy a second pair for shooting with optics, but can't decide what style I want. What is a favorite style of Hunter's HD Gold and why? I like the look of the new Velocity, but have not got to see them in person yet.

They are all birth control goggles.  I don’t understand why they don’t make a one lense model. 

I too am interested in which frame to get. Shooting USPSA Limited.

Any suggestions and why?

Thanks.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:29 PM, bigboy69 said:

They're 369 bucks!!!

I agree the price is a bit high but that's an all in price. If you utilize the RX option it makes it an easier pill to swallow. 

I'm in the process right now of ordering a pair.  I went with the velocity with prescription lenses.  The caliber seemed to have too much of the frame visible while wearing them...kind of bothered me. 

They are the best.. I have Velocity's in both regular and prescription. But, I always loved the fit of my RayBan Predator 2's. Brian will do custom frames. I sent him 2 frames and he put their lens in.

IMG_20190913_141313.jpg

We each got a pair directly from Brian last week.  My wife tried a pair Anderson had on and was sold.  Not the most fashionable but they are great for shooting!

I love mine and just am completing a full season. Not sure which model but the optics are soo good sometimes I forget to take them off. The customer service is the best I have ever seen and while I did not have to have any after the sale help, I am sure they would be there. Hell they didn’t even take my CC until I had a chance to shoot with them and then since it was two months before match season they told me if anything came up once my season started they would still do whatever was needed to make it right. I am far from rich but I don’t think that $369 for bifocal no line sports glass is all that bad. I spent twice for my Rudy’s and they had to put an insert in. Have shot day and into the evening and they work very well in all settings. Finally Brian was great to work with. Win all over

Just an update, I received my Hunters RX Velocity glasses last week and had the chance to put them through a few practice sessions.  Pretty much amazing, I had been shooting with contacts and a pair of Oakley's.  They worked fine most of the time, however it always seemed like my contacts would dry out and get blurry on me during a match so I decided to go the RX glasses route.  Hunters customer service can't be beat.  I had these things made, and wore them for a week or so before dropping a penny!

UFO how much to put his lenses in your frames? Thanks 

1 hour ago, jstagn said:

UFO how much to put his lenses in your frames? Thanks 

You'll need to check with Brian on that.

None of the above. Thanks but no thanks. The lenses are great but the frames look awful. IF he gets a pair one day like the Oakley Tombstones he would sell them like hotcakes. I mentioned this to him once and Brian said "everyone says that but we aren't interested in making those right now." 

5 hours ago, lacivilian said:

None of the above. Thanks but no thanks. The lenses are great but the frames look awful. IF he gets a pair one day like the Oakley Tombstones he would sell them like hotcakes. I mentioned this to him once and Brian said "everyone says that but we aren't interested in making those right now." 

I just sent them my pair of Rudy Magsters.  He's going to see about making lenses to fit. 

5 hours ago, clw42 said:

I just sent them my pair of Rudy Magsters.  He's going to see about making lenses to fit. 

Let me know if he’s successful. I would get a set of lenses. 

1 hour ago, HI5-O said:

Let me know if he’s successful. I would get a set of lenses. 

Will do.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, lacivilian said:

They do.  I got a hold of the last squad pic and yikes.  But then I've got the wide brimmed old man hat, tight shirt, white arm sleeves and hunter's gold glasses.  I probably would have cared how I looked when I was 20 but now I'd rather not get sunburned and see what I'm shooting at.  Coolness be dammed!!

That being said I don't think I'll be rocking pink knee high socks with matching shirt anytime soon (Hi Luigi.... 😂)