Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production sight tracker?

Akkid17

The new silencer co maxim 9 was introduced and it has a non reciprocating front sight since it has a fixed barrel, while I doubt silencerco would go through trouble of getting it approved I wonder if it could be legal in production. Probably not carry optics legal since the dot would attach to the fixed portion of the slide/barrel.

image.jpeg.26a487525158c69069fd1b8586f736d6.jpegImage result for silencerco maxim 9

Edited by Akkid17

5 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

There's nothing that prevents a sight tracker gun from being production legal, if someone manufactures one.

CO gun the red dot must be mounted behind the ejection port anyway.

How is that?

13 Optical/Electronic sights permitted No. Notch and post type only.

5 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

How is that?

Sight tracker meaning the front sight doesn't reciprocate (as in this case it's attached to the frame).

12 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

How is that?

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

image.png.ea6013701ac9b3c1759497c4dfcbdcf0.png

6 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

Sight tracker meaning the front sight doesn't reciprocate (as in this case it's attached to the frame).

My reply says it does not meet Production requirements. ChuckS' post says it does not meet CO requirements. That gun would be only be usable in open only  based on USPSA rules. 

I was only looking at the optic enabled image. The upper pic finally showed up for me.

So yes, it would be fine in the upper pic for production, the second pic would be open only.

Edited by broadside72

2 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

My reply says it does not meet Production requirements. ChuckS' post says it does not meet CO requirements. That gun would be only be usable in open only  based on USPSA rules. 

..How does it not meet production requirements? The red dot isn't fixed in place.

2 hours ago, RJH said:

Looks CO legal to me too.  Rear sight looks drift adjustable. If it gets on the production list, someone will probably eventually make a plate for it to Mount the Optics behind the ejection port

Correct, it could be CO legal, but having the dot on the frame would violate the gear rules. If you mounted it yourself behind the ejection port it'd be fine.