Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What spare parts should you have in stock for your CZ?

Mcclace

Hi there,

I have a CZ TSO, but the question applies to all CZ's/handguns: any recommendations here to what spare parts I should have in house to not have to wait a few weeks on an order when something breaks? And what spare parts are smart to bring to a match if you don't have a backup handgun?

So something like:

1. Spare parts you should keep in stock at house (recoil spring, extractor, fire pin, ... etc.)
  2. Spare parts you should bring to a match for quick repairs (??...)

Like to hear your thinking!

Best, MccLace.

few slide stops .

and if u use it in .40"  order spare rear sight and set of buffers.

extractor and  springs.

expected service life of cz extractor 25k and  .40 barrel 35k. slide stop~5k.

for 9mm except the ts mags it's cz best designed gun with  longest  service life of all cz handguns.

All springs. They may need replacement, get bent or lost (especially the small ones)

All pins, slide stop, extractor, diring pin, all roll pins.

CZ spare parts are cheap and easy to get where I live

The same two or three pictures get posted regularly meanwhile I have 20k rounds through my TSO in 20 months and my only stoppages are ammo related. It's kind of boring really. 

1 hour ago, 858 said:

The same two or three pictures get posted regularly meanwhile I have 20k rounds through my TSO in 20 months and my only stoppages are ammo related. It's kind of boring really. 

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy my TSO. Aside from a few minor mishaps, mine have been utterly reliable. 

If you're using the factory adjustable sites on a .40, they will break (I've been through two of them) it's just a matter of time.  This doesn't make the TSO any better/worse than other limited guns out there, they all have their weak points.

36 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy my TSO. Aside from a few minor mishaps, mine have been utterly reliable. 

If you're using the factory adjustable sites on a .40, they will break (I've been through two of them) it's just a matter of time.  This doesn't make the TSO any better/worse than other limited guns out there, they all have their weak points.

Is your rear sight adjusted toward the bottom of the slide or does it sit higher up?

4 hours ago, 858 said:

Same, I’ve had my TS for 3 yrs now and only replaced the trigger spring and that’s only because I put in an upgraded trigger, the guns been 100% reliable.

This is for a regular TS:

10052 Grip Screw (2)

10255  Mag Spring (4)

10521  Mag Spring and Follower Kit (4)

10019  Trigger Return Spring (2)

10021  Pin No 9 (1)

30029  15# Hammer Spring (1)

30031  16# Hammer Spring (1)

30020  13# Recoil Spring (1)

30022  14# Recoil Spring (1)

10063  Magazine Release Spring (2)

10094  Extractor (1)

10095  Extractor Pin (2)

10096  Extractor Spring (2)

10004  Slide Stop (4)

10008  Slide Stop Spring Pin (2)

10040  Hammer Retaining Pin (2)

And I burn through that in about 15K rnds which is over a year for me but I recheck at the begining of the season. I have a sorted bin with it and it all comes with me. 

I haven't lubed my TSO in months or cleaned it this entire year. My shooting partner shoots a TS and his maintenance schedule is the same. We shot eight stages today without a single malfunction. I haven't had a malfunction this entire year nor has my partner. I watched a $3.5k 2011 fire a round closing the slide with the slide stop yesterday. Every single 2011 on the squad today malfunctioned at least once. I have some extra parts, I think they have belly button lint mixed in with them but I haven't looked in the bag for months so who knows.

Shoot more, screw with your pistol less.

25 minutes ago, 858 said:

I haven't lubed my TSO in months or cleaned it this entire year. My shooting partner shoots a TS and his maintenance schedule is the same. We shot eight stages today without a single malfunction. I haven't had a malfunction this entire year nor has my partner. I watched a $3.5k 2011 fire a round closing the slide with the slide stop yesterday. Every single 2011 on the squad today malfunctioned at least once. I have some extra parts, I think they have belly button lint mixed in with them but I haven't looked in the bag for months so who knows.

Shoot more, screw with your pistol less.

shoot more ,clean your gun after shooting   and  screw with your pistol  less.😉

1 minute ago, yigal said:

shoot more ,clean your gun after shooting   and  screw with your pistol  less.😉

Another shooting buddy has 40k rounds through his S2 in a little over two years. I think he cleans it every 10k rounds too. Cleaning is overrated. Keep your chin up.

Bare basics are lube, slide stop and spare springs. Roll pins and the list above from Bunsen are nice especially if you're out at big matches, but also depends on your budget for that stuff. I'd add some loctite in case sights get "squirrely" and a spare back like in the screen shot where the firing pin did an "ejecto seat cuz"

As for cleaning I really only wipe the stuff off my feed ramp and lube after matches i maybe do a serious clean once a year if that, these guns like to be dirty and the only malfunctions I've ever had with my shadow was due to ammo.

Edited by mcrdriver

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2019 at 9:15 AM, yigal said:

and what happened  later😉

TSO_weak_FP_spring.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Twice. Weak or too short firing pin spring. I put a dab of Loctite on the retaining plate now.

Edited by hal1955