Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
UFO

My venture into Rimfire Rifle Iron Sight

Well how did the new limited rifle do at the shoot Sunday? I really like your stock reshape and the other components you have installed. Turned out very nice!

1 hour ago, BoMc said:

Well how did the new limited rifle do at the shoot Sunday? I really like your stock reshape and the other components you have installed. Turned out very nice!

Well, the gun sure looks better than I shot. Shot a 94, was pushing a little harder than I should have. Carried 2 or 3 misses in that score. I was also shooting my RFRO with the upper that is going in my wife's rifle. Was able to throw down a personal best on Showdown with a 6.88 .

Edited by UFO

Where you able to shave enough time for GM classification? My goal is to be Gm in rfri one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Frozen said:

Where you able to shave enough time for GM classification? My goal is to be Gm in rfri one day emoji15.png

No, I was just trying to shoot faster than my abilities. Virtually every stage, I had a couple of runs that were more than good enough to move me up, but I always had to carry a run that put me over. Next time, I see no reason to not be in the high 70's soon. 

On 8/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, UFO said:

Very happy with the set up on this rifle. I'll be shooting it on Sunday, and pretty confident I'll be able to improve the .32 sec I need to make GM. Tomorrow, I'll be putting some rounds down range to make sure it's still sighted in, and to make sure it's going to run. The last of the upgrades was to replace the stock Ruger bolt with something a little better. In my searches, I discovered JWH Custom https://www.jwhcustom.com/product/ruger-10-22-upgrade-the-competitor-cnc-precision-upgrade-bolt-by-jwh-custom/ . There bolt has a fully contained firing pin, and a rounded rear to help with a smoother reset. The firing pin looks to be extended from factory and should get better hits. 

Also, included a picture of my mags I customized with a little RIT Dye, and Cen Cal Cerakote base pads.

Bolt Compare.jpg

Bolt Top.jpg

Mags.jpg

Who makes these base pads?  I really like them.

So, I'm really happy with the shape and feel of the rifle. Now it's time to make it look good. Here is the first coat of tinted clear done by Cen Cal Cerakote. After I shoot this weekend, it goes back for more clear and color. Going for a blood red and black theme.....

IMG_20190919_205100.jpg

Edited by UFO

Well, today, I finally accomplished my goal of making GM with my iron sight rifle. Couple of stages I know I can improve on in the future. Rifle worked well...

Screenshot_20190921-130454.png

2 hours ago, Frozen said:

Outstanding job dude emoji106.png

Thanks

Check out www.clearimage-solutions.com.  They have a very interesting front sight for a rfri.  I have one installed on a tac sol barrel - had to have a friend of mine mill a custom mount for it as they are made to mount on a rail.  Sorry I can not provide photos as I am a bit computer challenged.  Not cheap, but pretty cool.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:06 AM, Flageo said:

Check out www.clearimage-solutions.com.  They have a very interesting front sight for a rfri.  I have one installed on a tac sol barrel - had to have a friend of mine mill a custom mount for it as they are made to mount on a rail.  Sorry I can not provide photos as I am a bit computer challenged.  Not cheap, but pretty cool.

I have seen those. You have to be careful which version you install. If you use the one with a complete lens, it is considered an optic and puts you into open. You have to use the half glass version to be iron sight legal.

More improvement today! Knocked another 1.33 seconds off my time putting me at over 100%

RFRI Update.jpg

More improvement today! Knocked another 1.33 seconds off my time putting me at over 100%
1862170857_RFRIUpdate.thumb.jpg.569ace8d0eff57a10b37f61e988e3881.jpg

Good job dude I might have made it into GM with my rfri this weekend also