Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tablet Recommendations

ELSOS

The clubs I shoot at generally use the 7" Kindle Fires except one that uses Ipads.  The Ipad club is indoor and only needs 3.  The Kindle Fires hold up pretty well but if you have the money go with the Ipad.  

I’ve had no complaints on the 8s. But I’ve only used it for one match and I’m very rarely on the tablet. What sold me was the fact that after a long match they say at 45 percent battery instead of limping along with battery packs or swapping tablets. The screen does have a slightly better resolution on paper as well. 

You could also buy sunshades from we hate glare.  I’ve got those as well just in case

8 minutes ago, ELSOS said:

I like the sun shades but it looks like We Hate Glare either isn’t around or the website is defunct. Any idea where I can get them?

Seems more often than not I see people take the sun shades off mid match because they are more of a PITA than anything.

• 1 month later...

Our club is using the Kindle Fire 7s for scoring devices and IPads for the main devices. The 7s work just fine, they have some trouble from time to time communicating with the main device for syncing but it’s nothing major. Direct sun isn’t horrible but also not the best. The battery life is meh but will last us through a local no problem. We have the extras to be able to swap them out for L2s and don’t have the need for battery packs which is nice. If you watch for deals, you can pick them up for $29 once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk