Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR 15 questions

How do you remove the regular mag release to install their extended one?

Has anyone installed a CMC single stage trigger in one and had it work properly?

Does anyone have any experience with the new enhanced bolt that allows bolt hold open with the short stroke system?

I have the new bolt in mine i guess because it holds open on last round. When I talked to Andre while ordering he said they probably wouldn't be ready in time for mine to go out with it. But when I got the gun it had it. I have the short stroke system with 5 steel weights. It shoots much flatter and quicker than my Colt.

I don't know what makes it work, but it does.

My trigger is their standard competition trigger advertised ar 3-3.5 lbs. It actually pulls at 2.75. I like the trigger too.

13 hours ago, rowdyb said:

How do you remove the regular mag release to install their extended one?

Has anyone installed a CMC single stage trigger in one and had it work properly?

Does anyone have any experience with the new enhanced bolt that allows bolt hold open with the short stroke system?

Rowdy, here's a Link to the mag release video. 

Don't bother with the CMC. It wont make it more than 500 rounds before it dies. 

Yes, the enhanced bolt it baller. I thought you shot it in the Aluminum Ultralight but to be honest, that gun gets passed around a lot so I can't always remember what was it in it. 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I thought you shot it

I shot like 4 or 5 iterations of things that night. All I was really focusing on what A. did my ammo work in all the guns and B. which buffer system felt the best.

Thanks for the mag release video.

The poundage of the trigger is fine at 3.5 on my scale, but it is a hard break and a soft reset. I like the opposite of that. Thus the looking at other triggers.

27 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I shot like 4 or 5 iterations of things that night. All I was really focusing on what A. did my ammo work in all the guns and B. which buffer system felt the best.

The poundage of the trigger is fine at 3.5 on my scale, but it is a hard break and a soft reset. I like the opposite of that. Thus the looking at other triggers.

Haha, yeah I hear ya. I'm always happy to put everything on the table and give folks the go ahead to run the GMR's as hard as they like. 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, rowdyb said:

This is exactly why I'm shopping triggers too. I'm spoiled with my Timney Calin Elite in my 3 gun rifle. The reset on the JP drop-in in my GMR is too weak for me. I'd love to know what you land on.